Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 12:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Guess it's time to diversify?

I didn't want to start an argument. Just stating my opinion.

BTW: DelTon has A2 sights, complete for $50.

I was lucky enough to have a set in the bin. As well as the rest of the parts to complete the upper. Including paint.
View Quote

I was being serious - have any more to trade?    This 727 build is killing me.  Luckily I already have a round hole buffer tube lock ring, short tic selector, the light mount, and a one quart canteen strap for a sling.
Link Posted: 1/2/2017 9:11:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I was being serious - have any more to trade?    This 727 build is killing me.  Luckily I already have a round hole buffer tube lock ring, short tic selector, the light mount, and a one quart canteen strap for a sling.
View Quote

i may be interested in buying some parts out right if you want to PM  me to talk about it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 5:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

i may be interested in buying some parts out right if you want to PM  me to talk about it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that was directed at me, I'm still building a 727 and will need my parts.  I have some time to look, while I wait for a Nodak A1 lower.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, the letter carrier threw mine out the window as she passed by.  Luckily, the dog seems to enjoy dragging packages down the driveway and up on the porch for me.   No worse for wear and no ramps.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 5:41:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a couple spare A2 sight kits so looks like these might be the perfect thing for me to get a couple of and paint them with some rattle can finish of some sort.  Krylon BBQ paint always worked great for AK's but maybe I will try some of that Norrells

A quick question to those that know more about the insides of the receivers finish - What would be the difference in one of these vs one that is fully anodized and dry film lubed or whatever they do with them?  What I am mostly interested in is if you were to paint these instead of anodize would there be any issues down the road from wear from the BCG, or it not cycling as smoothly?  

Probably sort of dumb questions, but when it comes to the uppers internal finish I don't know much about them.  I just want to make sure these will be just as reliable and last just as long or almost as long as a factory one.  I am not worried about the aluminum corroding just if these will have any other negative effects.

And do you guys paint the inside of these at all or just leave them bare?  

One last comment - to the guys buying these and paying to have them anodized, that is only worthwhile if you can have them anodized for less then $50.  I don't know of any known anodizing places that do it that cheap since all I ever hear about is US Anodizing on here.  But I have heard of others having local places that would do large quantities resulting in $10 per receiver pricing or so.  The reason it wouldn't be worth getting these and paying $100 to anodize is because you can find new anodized A2s stripped just like these in the $85-90 range at a few places.  There were a bunch on Gunbroker last time I looked for around that and I believe a couple of websites one of which is JSE Surplus when they are in stock.  Also JSE Surplus has A2 sight kits for $38

A2 Sight Assembly Link
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 10:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Ehh, I'm doing an all-new build on a new Nodak lower. US Anodizing does the anodizing for Nodak and I wanted it to match. I wasn't that far in on price, so I didn't care about it being $100. I am a little annoyed it's been there for almost 3 months.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 1:52:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Are these raw uppers 7075?
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Are these raw uppers 7075?
View Quote

Yup its in the description. Glad I saw this thread. Got 1 on the way.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top