Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2016 6:55:03 PM EDT
Monitor forgive me if I'm in the wrong place.

I found a A2 stripped upper in a (make a offer box) at local gun shop gave him $20 for it.
It set around for a while then I realized I had enough spare parts to go ahead and build another.
I have yet to get the parts for the rear sight but so far the stuff I have on it is a A2 upper with a 13 inch free float quad rail with adjustable stock yes it is ugly!
My question is what front sight do I need on the quad rail so that it will be compatible with the A2 rear?

I will try to post pic
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#1]
" />

Obviously the one on the far left
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice give a 100 bucks for it
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
TBH I'd take off the rail and put a 16" carbine FSB barrel setup on it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:27:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TBH I'd take off the rail and put a 16" carbine FSB barrel setup on it.
View Quote

May end up doing that
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Leave it alone, the longer sight radius will help. Get a fixed LMT front sight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Front fell off . . .

I go with: fixed handle for iron sights and flat top for fancy stuff.

As in carry handle ==> FSB.

Come to think of it all but one of mine have FSBs.

I'm too cheap to buy fancy stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Front fell off . . .

View Quote

I too vote for using FSB on the barrel with the A2 upper for an old-school set up.  @ Hellbent_4:  This hobby isn't about how much you spend, but how much you enjoy what you put into it.  There are members who are happy to fork up $2.5k to $3k on their AR's.  But it doesn't necessary mean they enjoy what they got more than you do.  That's the reason why I love spare-parts build
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 12:20:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I too vote for using FSB on the barrel with the A2 upper for an old-school set up.  @ Hellbent_4:  This hobby isn't about how much you spend, but how much you enjoy what you put into it.  There are members who are happy to fork up $2.5k to $3k on their AR's.  But it doesn't necessary mean they enjoy what they got more than you do.  That's the reason why I love spare-parts build
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Front fell off . . .

I know, I got a lot of bang for what I spent. I've never been one for The Biggest or The Fastest or The Brand. I'm more of a "what works well" kind of guy.

I built every one of mine and am happy with them . . . as long as the wife doesn't see them all in one place.

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:06:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Change to a FSB and find another hand guard and it will look great. I have an A1 upper a friend gave me and thinking of putting a A2 front on a non-pinned barrel using set screws.
Probably get one of these. and add 2 more set screws from the bottom that seat against to the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 1:14:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I built this out of spare parts, I didn't even mean to. (Hence the A1 birdcage)

Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:38:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Stick a 14.5" barrel on it - make it a 727 build.  Use a A2 flash hider and a muzzle device jam nut to achieve your 16" and have it pinned/welded.  Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 2:58:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stick a 14.5" barrel on it - make it a 727 build.  Use a A2 flash hider and a muzzle device jam nut to achieve your 16" and have it pinned/welded.  Just my thoughts.
View Quote

LOL. He traded me that A2 upper for a stripped flat top I had. I'm using it for a 727 build as a truck gun!!

Now if I could just get a lightweight 14.5" carbine barrel....
Why are all 14.5" middies now?
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:06:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

LOL. He traded me that A2 upper for a stripped flat top I had. I'm using it for a 727 build as a truck gun!!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Middies are the flavor of the month. I like a 16" mid-length, but I'm not crazy about them in a 14,5.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 3:30:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe it's an optical illusion but something appears odd about the bolt carrier?

I also vote for standard handguards and FSB
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:12:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p511/Sputnik1988/C77D4E1E-6BF8-45A7-8111-B0587C237F77_zps1fgp6qyo.jpg
View Quote
That's a good looking gun!

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p511/Sputnik1988/C77D4E1E-6BF8-45A7-8111-B0587C237F77_zps1fgp6qyo.jpg

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/3/2016 2:23:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Nice.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top