Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2016 9:43:01 AM EDT
I bought a Colt 4 Position M4 stock set from the EE several years ago.  There are no marks identifying the pieces. It works great for me and I am happy with it.  The difference in the extension seems to be the space between the first locking hole and the second locking hole is 1.5 inches and the next holes are 3/4 inch spacing. I assume this may be an early M4 design prior to the current 6 position design.  Does any one know if this is correct.

Best part of this is I just picked up a similar extension from Ebay for about $25.00.  I just bought mine yesterday and have no connection javascript:; the seller.  There are pictures of the extension which is identical to the EE extension I purchased.

4 Pos Ext
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The M4 receiver extension is four positions.  

Five and six position extensions are commercial developments.

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:57:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Augee.  I thought my issue was 4 position.  I must be wrong.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top