Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/17/2016 7:04:18 AM EDT
I figured it was a marketing ploy, but the "Gov't carbine" did sort of match COTS 727/723s, as did the "Gov't" 20" rifle.

So that made me wonder if the Colt Delta HBAR was inspired by some 20" HBAR "sniper" rifle they did for a Gov't COTS buyer.. With a non Tasco scope of course.

Link Posted: 9/17/2016 1:37:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I never saw anything, but you never know.  I did see M16A2's (barrel contour unkown) in the hands of Israeli IDF
when I was there in 99.  They used 4x ACOG's on a ARMS 19 then on a ARMS 2, and iirc the cheek piece
was either higher than standard Delta, or an adjustable?  Don't quite recall which one but it wasn't standard  DH

Why they would put the scope so high no clue, but they did ride public transport with them :)
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the only photo I remember seeing back in the early 90's.  I think USMC FAST Team Snipers had a few for Operation Just Cause.....IIRC I had read somewhere the some USMC FAST Scout/Snipers attended Gunsite Training Center with Colt Delta HBAR's for ADM/SDM duties.....

https://goo.gl/images/Ln24hI

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 11:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, that's the pic I was gonna post too.  But no clue if it's an HBAR.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 11:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Post that hot mama!!! ( the gun )

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:01:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, OK, you can click on his though.    Now I gotta find it........

While I'm looking, you get this:

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Here it is:

Plus you get a bonus of another unrelated but similar set up.....  I'm on a "defend the carry handle campaign".  Although I don't think I ever wasn't on that campaign.

Link Posted: 9/28/2016 10:44:49 PM EDT
[#7]
JJREA,

I wish to sign up for your "Save the Carrying Handle" newsletter!!!!

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top