Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2016 1:25:52 AM EDT
Last time I looked DPMS was making them but looks like they've stopped.  Is anybody making new ones?

If not, then how wrong would an M4 profile barrel and an A1 upper be?
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:14:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of AF carbines like you describe.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:15:14 AM EDT
[#2]
There is nothing wrong with an A1 or C7 upper with a M4 cut barrel. There are lots of carbines with those out there.

If you want a C7 upper you are going to have to wait or do gun broker. WIndham was but there was an issue with the ejection port door detent cut IIRC. You can check the Windham industry forum from time to time to see the status. If you want an A1 upper look at No Dak, Brownells or Fulton Armory. The only thing hard to come by is the rear sight kit, if you shop around you can probably piece it together.

No Dak has a selection of Slick and FA.

Brownness has a A1 with forward assist.

Fulton is slick side.

Windham had the C7.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-a1-forged-receiver-complete-black/
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://rguns.net/shop/r-guns-a1-forged-receiver-complete-black/
View Quote

Winner!
Thanks for sharing this, I'll be ordering one tomorrow.

Also glad to hear that an a1 can go with an m4 barrel, but since a C7 Is available that's the route I'm going to take.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just about to post a thread asking the exact same question.

It seemed like those uppers could be found a lot of places a few years back and now they're impossible to find.

Edit: Does anyone have a source for a stripped C7 upper? I already have a bolt and dust cover.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 8:06:36 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a member here boywonder777, who also sells on GB.  About two years ago when I was looking for a C7 upper & other parts for a 723 build, he had them.  In the past month he sold me an A1 rear sight set.  So, he might have what you need.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top