Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2016 3:14:18 PM EDT
Posted to Retro, told to post here.

In the future, I will be cloning some older .mil variants from the 90's/00's.

Got to get the obsessive little details correct.

Last two places I bought from sold me the newer style.

I am looking for the shorter post, concave indicator on the right side, faint line down the middle, better if it's lighter grey.

Mock up:

Stores and manufacturers I have found don't seem to update their images. Anyone have a source?

(small plug here, I have a WTB ad in the EE if you have 4 of these.)
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Sent you an IM
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 1:16:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought both of my Colt selectors from 2 different members off EE.

p.s.  I thought I was the only guy who gave a sh*t about the correct tic mark for an M16A2/A4 clone build
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 5:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Easiest way I have found to build A2 "retro" builds is to buy period Colt rifles and change out the barrels. Done.

Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#4]
First I'd like to thank the OP for that photo and description of colt selectors.
Tonight I'll be digging out my two clones and measuring the length of the throw on mine.

Second. Searching for period correct parts is most of the fun when building a clone.
The hard part is knowing what to look for.  

Member Pro2ndAm just tought me what to look for when searching for a Colt A2 grip.
Spent last Saturday at my local gunshow shining a flashlight in every pistole grip I came across.
Thank you both for the valuable info.

Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if these have the indicator notch but they are Colt.  Too expensive for me.
Selector
Link Posted: 11/4/2016 9:53:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure if these have the indicator notch but they are Colt.  Too expensive for me.
Selector
View Quote

M16A1 selectors will not have the tic mark. In fact I've got a couple of them extra that I wish I could trade for A2 selectors.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top