Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/30/2016 6:05:14 PM EDT

I use the C7A2 at work everyday, so I wanted to make myself something different, and I've always wanted something like shown on the cover of the original Ghost Recon game

It started with a 10" Armalite A2 upper that I bought from my neighbor, and while I was on vacation I bought an Armalite M15A4 lower to pair up. Found an old carbine stock and installed a milspec buffer tube, picked up a cheap BSA carry handle scope until my Colt scope shows up in the mail, and acquired a fake XM177 moderator to replace the A2 flash hider. Since the picture was taken I picked up a loose black sling at work and got it on. I also ran it for a 3-gun match a couple weeks back, and it did great!

The next thing, small thing, to do is replace the flat bolt catch that Armalite uses now, with a "proper" bolt catch.

Anyway, I'm loving this little gun, and it's always fun to bring out to the range with my SP1.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it looks very nice, glad to hear she runs well!
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice build.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Gotta love some Commando goodness.

Link Posted: 7/31/2016 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys, my finishing touch for this upper arrived today; a first generation Colt 3x scope.

So with my original intent to clone the commando rifle pictured on the original Ghost Recon cover, I think I'm set.

Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle OP. I'd like to have something like that but SBRs are a no go in my state and I don't care for pinned muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 8:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Man I used to love playing Ghost Recon.  Nice looking rifle. - love the Colt 3X!!!
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:26:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Where did you pick up the Colt scope?
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

If you can't find one in EE, fleabay has them all the time. Look under rifle scope then the sub section USED. I've won some very cheap that way.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:31:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just happened that I mentioned wanting one on a local forum and someone offered it up for sale.

Lucky me :)
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So with my original intent to clone the commando rifle pictured on the original Ghost Recon cover, I think I'm set.
View Quote

It's funny ....the things you see when you look at that cover... All I see is the A2 rifle in the background...
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:59:47 AM EDT
[#12]
The Ghost recon rifle is actually an Eagle Arms rifle that was sold by the factory in that configuration about the 94 ban. Called the M4C or similar.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The Ghost recon rifle is actually an Eagle Arms rifle that was sold by the factory in that configuration about the 94 ban. Called the M4C or similar.

View Quote

Huh, fancy that! Good thing I built it off an Armalite then :)
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:36:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks great! How do you like the BSA scope and where did you get the Colt scope? Lucky score off the EE?

Link Posted: 8/15/2016 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks great! How do you like the BSA scope and where did you get the Colt scope? Lucky score off the EE?

View Quote

For the price, the BSA scope was great. I don't know about durability but it held zero and was crystal clear.
As for the Colt scope, it was a lucky happenstance of mentioning it and somebody having it.

Just so happened that my buddy saw my finished product and wanted a commando build of his own. So we took them to the range yesterday.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top