User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 11:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Netflix has a movie called "Hyena Road" that is about the war in Afghanistan.  A fictional one.   But I kinda liked it.  There was lots of Canadian AR's in there though.  And I think they might have been what they typically use.  They had 1 carbine with that weird profile.  And I saw some 20"er's with that CAR stock.  And they all had rubber buttplates on their CAR stocks.  You guys can be the judge.  I'm no expert.  The acting on the one older guy was very natural though and made it seem realistic.  I thought.    And it had an interesting plot.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 12:54:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Netflix has a movie called "Hyena Road" that is about the war in Afghanistan.  A fictional one.   But I kinda liked it.  There was lots of Canadian AR's in there though.  And I think they might have been what they typically use.  They had 1 carbine with that weird profile.  And I saw some 20"er's with that CAR stock.  And they all had rubber buttplates on their CAR stocks.  You guys can be the judge.  I'm no expert.  The acting on the one older guy was very natural though and made it seem realistic.  I thought.    And it had an interesting plot.
View Quote

A buddy of mine was the armour for the movie. If I recall correctly it was filmed in Jordan. He also was the armour for Suicide Squad.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 1:20:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And now that I'm home...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/c8-stock1.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My order went from no activity (including no charge on my card) to processing after I sent a note in asking the status. The response I received said, "We had to verify this item could be shipped down to the US.  The order is out for processing."

I have my fingers crossed.

Please let us know how it works out

My order has shipped. Still in Canada but UPS tracking shows estimated delivery of next Thursday.

Fingers still crossed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/sfr.jpg

And now that I'm home...

That is beautiful!
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:31:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A buddy of mine was the armour for the movie. If I recall correctly it was filmed in Jordan. He also was the armour for Suicide Squad.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you watch it?  Did you consult him?  It seemed like they had their canadian AR's right on.  But I'm no expert on them.  I didn't see any with an old C7 upper though.  Just flat tops with the older Elcans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 7:42:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Did you watch it?  Did you consult him?  It seemed like they had their canadian AR's right on.  But I'm no expert on them.  I didn't see any with an old C7 upper though.  Just flat tops with the older Elcans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All the AR's you see in that movie are either Colt Canada C7A2's or C8A3/SFW's. The C8's that we have now use a Simon sleeve over the barrel for attaching of the M203.

You won't see carry handles used by us anymore, it's all flat tops with Elcan C79's, Eotech's or private purchase optics.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And now that I'm home...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My order went from no activity (including no charge on my card) to processing after I sent a note in asking the status. The response I received said, "We had to verify this item could be shipped down to the US.  The order is out for processing."

I have my fingers crossed.

Please let us know how it works out

My order has shipped. Still in Canada but UPS tracking shows estimated delivery of next Thursday.

Fingers still crossed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/sfr.jpg

And now that I'm home...

You got it???  Lol, congrats man....wish it wasn't such a one way street for parts, but defintely happy for you :)
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Question for the Canadians.  What folding sight/gas block is on the C8SFW?
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Question for the Canadians.  What folding sight/gas block is on the C8SFW?
View Quote

Waiting for Rebel Rouser to chime in, he'll probably know,
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 6:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]

The 11.6 MRR are out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 12:56:24 AM EDT
[#10]
DAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNNNNNN
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#12]

Are you buying one?

I think I might sit this one out.....or at least wait out until either a blemished batch comes out or I somehow find some money the wife doesn't know about.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Very nice indeed.
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 10:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All the AR's you see in that movie are either Colt Canada C7A2's or C8A3/SFW's. The C8's that we have now use a Simon sleeve over the barrel for attaching of the M203.

You won't see carry handles used by us anymore, it's all flat tops with Elcan C79's, Eotech's or private purchase optics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the late 80s, the combat arms got the flat-top C7s with the ELCAN sights, while the combat service support troops had the carry handle and iron sights.  So now everybody gets the optical sights?
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In the late 80s, the combat arms got the flat-top C7s with the ELCAN sights, while the combat service support troops had the carry handle and iron sights.  So now everybody gets the optical sights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I'm from CSS and all of our C7A2s have the Elcan, the green furniture and collapsible stock.  When I first joined the unit, we had all black C7s, fixed butt stocks but Elcans were on there already.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Colt Canada British Special Air Services (SAS) 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s

Production units to ship to SAS in 2017 – NOT SURPLUS OR OVER RUNS*
Canadian civilian pricing same as Government contract price.

DESCRIPTION:
GEN 3 (current PRODUCTION Military) Integrated Upper Receiver (IUR):
Made for the UK Special Forces (SAS/SBS, etc.)
Interchangeable fit on all Mil-Spec “push pin" lowers;
Fully floating barrel system;
Dry film lubricated bolt carrier channel;
Screw retained (easily maintained) low profile gas block (under the handguard for safety);
Mil-Spec hard anodized black;
IUR is marked COLT CANADA 2C085 and NATO on the rail;
Straight gas tube to increase life and ease of installation.

BARREL:
Iconic “Colt Canada” cold hammer forged in your choice of 10.5” or 15.7” fully chrome lined barrel;
Canadian Forces Spec thicker chrome;
Phosphated to Mil-Spec;
Improved integral forged carbine chamber;
Colt Canada hammer forged choke bore;
1/7” twist RH/ 6 groove NATO approved bore;
Batch marked barrel and barrel extension;
High pressure tested HPT and magnetic particle inspection MPI as per Canadian Mil-Spec;
Anti corrosion coating applied under the handguards;
New liner to improve thermal protection of hands.

FLASH HIDER:
Standard C7/C7A1/C8/C8A2 type half birdcage for compensation and flash reduction.

RAILS:
Full top and bottom rails (10.5” 37 top and 19 bottom, 15.7” 46 top and 28 bottom);
Reinforced grenade launcher recoil lug;
The side rails are partially railed with 10 slot front accessory mounting point and slotted sling fitting on each side
Rail slots are numbered with laser engraving;
The rails are NATO STANAG 4694 spec and are back compatible with MIL-STD-1913 accessories;
Protected low profile gas block;
IUR has a hardened steel insert for the cocking handle latch to resist wear with enlarged tactical latches

BOLT CARRIER ASSEMBLY:
Full Canadian Forces specification (Military configuration) bolt carrier assembly;
Proof tested, MPI inspected, and lot number controlled bolt;
CF spec high retention staking of the carrier key;
Chrome lined carrier and key for wear resistance;
Chromed firing pin.

COLT CANADA TACTICAL CHARGING HANDLE:
Extended ambidextrous Tactical Latch for easy cocking of your gun with optics in place;
Solid latch pin is permanently staked in place for worry free operations;
Mil-Spec finishes applied for weather resistance.

PRICING
Two barrel lengths;

10.5” Integrated Upper Receiver (BCA+CH) – $1699.95
15.7” Integrated Upper Receiver (BCA+CH) – $1779.95

Delivery first week of October.

*All SAS uppers sold in the Canadian civilian market will be replaced for the SAS order prior to delivery in 2017. Product is already sold to the SAS, therefore not discounted like previous Danish surplus.

Another Colt Canada offering I'll be sitting out on because I have my gun money tied up in precision stuff right now, lol!
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 3:57:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67917&d=1474647557

Colt Canada British Special Air Services (SAS) 3rd Gen Integrated Upper Receiver’s

DESCRIPTION:
Screw retained (easily maintained) low profile gas block (under the handguard for safety);

BARREL:
Iconic “Colt Canada” cold hammer forged in your choice of 10.5” or 15.7” fully chrome lined barrel;
Phosphated to Mil-Spec;
High pressure tested HPT and magnetic particle inspection MPI as per Canadian Mil-Spec;

FLASH HIDER:
Standard C7/C7A1/C8/C8A2 type half birdcage for compensation and flash reduction.

RAILS:
Full top and bottom rails (10.5” 37 top and 19 bottom, 15.7” 46 top and 28 bottom);
The side rails are partially railed with 10 slot front accessory mounting point and slotted sling fitting on each side
The rails are NATO STANAG 4694 spec and are back compatible with MIL-STD-1913 accessories;
IUR has a hardened steel insert for the cocking handle latch to resist wear with enlarged tactical latches

BOLT CARRIER ASSEMBLY:
Full Canadian Forces specification (Military configuration) bolt carrier assembly;
Chromed firing pin.

Extended ambidextrous Tactical Latch for easy cocking of your gun with optics in place;

PRICING
Two barrel lengths;

*All SAS uppers sold in the Canadian civilian market will be replaced for the SAS order prior to delivery in 2017. Product is already sold to the SAS, therefore not discounted like previous Danish surplus.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67922&d=1474649071

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67923&d=1474649072

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67924&d=1474649073

Another Colt Canada offering I'll be sitting out on because I have my gun money tied up in precision stuff right now, lol!
View Quote

Oh, that 10.5" makes me randy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 1:35:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Who needed a sling? Plus I didn't want the thread to archive.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:11:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I have one. It looked like this for a while.

But I felt this barrel deserved a free float hand guard and I wasn't really going for a clone.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 3:12:36 AM EDT
[#20]

I want that upper for my SBR.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 11:51:01 AM EDT
[#21]
I want that 11.6 MRR too!

Is that truly a one-piece combined handguard and upper receiver?
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I want that 11.6 MRR too!

Is that truly a one-piece combined handguard and upper receiver?
View Quote
Looks like a monolithic upper to me.

How does it work with buying Canadian gun parts in the states?
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 1:28:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Everything except the lower and barrel are importable. Just have to have a valid ATF Form 6 (import permit) for anything over $100.

They will approve Form 6s for individuals, if for personal use and not for resale.

Having said that though, I think the hard part would be finding a dealer that would be willing to wait on a Form 6.

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 9:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]

C8A4
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67917&d=1474647557

DESCRIPTION:

BARREL:
Phosphated to Mil-Spec;

FLASH HIDER:

RAILS:

BOLT CARRIER ASSEMBLY:
Chromed firing pin.

PRICING
Two barrel lengths;

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67922&d=1474649071

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67923&d=1474649072

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=67924&d=1474649073

View Quote

Is it possible to get Colt Canada uppers in the US?
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 10:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Is it possible to get Colt Canada uppers in the US?
View Quote

The licensing agreement at one time with Colt USA is that Diemaco was allowed to sell product in the US as long as Colt USA was the main contractor and Diemaco was the sub contractor. But it might only apply to Mil/LE only. I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 12:11:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone know if the CAF has replaced the Insight M3X lights with better lights, and if the Eotechs are still in use, either the 552, 553, or EXPS-3?
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes I watched. It looks like all the guns are SA15.7 and SA20. Them are all semi-auto. If you look closely at some of the close up of the rifles you will see Colt Canada's Cage Code# 2C085 and no sear hole.
Link Posted: 12/28/2016 9:13:21 PM EDT
[#29]
The Bravo Company Manufacturing SFW - British SAS Rifle

Good video. Couple of mistakes. The barrels are 15.7". SAS grenade launcher doesn't attach to the sleeve, they use the HK AG36. That's why the L119A1 has a different FSB and also the SAS/Canadian lower RAS.
Link Posted: 12/31/2016 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The Bravo Company Manufacturing SFW - British SAS Rifle

Good video. Couple of mistakes. The barrels are 15.7". SAS grenade launcher doesn't attach to the sleeve, they use the HK AG36. That's why the L119A1 has a different FSB and also the SAS/Canadian lower RAS.
View Quote
Will watch later. I really like his videos. 
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top