Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/19/2016 11:59:04 PM EDT
After two years, I finally finished my Canadian C-8 clone build. Except for the BCM C-8 barrel and engraved 80% lower (Thanks Braceman) it is exclusively Colt and Diemaco parts. I am still looking to buy the  Colt six hole carbine hand guards. All I need is a Eotech, Insight M3X light, and sling. Anyone know if the Canadians switched lights from the M3X, and what sling they issue?

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#1]
great looking build
you don't see to many c-8 rifles , even here with all the cloners

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:27:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Very cool. I agree, you don't see enough C8s! As far as Canadian rifles go, fixed stock C7s and C8 carbines are my favorite.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:32:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Is that a legit Canadian upper receiver with the sort-of-but-not-quite-1913 rail on top?
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 11:24:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes very nice. I wanted to do one for a time but eventually decided to stick with M4.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a legit Canadian upper receiver with the sort-of-but-not-quite-1913 rail on top?
View Quote

The upper and BCG are both Diemaco. The upper I bought was in a sealed bag with NSN number, so I think it was a replacement upper with 1913 Picatinney rail, not a he weaver style rail.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
great looking build

View Quote

Thank you very much. I lived in Canada for four and half years, as much as I hated their guns laws, it was a very beautiful country and I miss it very much. This is my gift to myself and a reminder of the good times I had in Canada.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 2:45:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thank you very much. I lived in Canada for four and half years, as much as I hated their guns laws, it was a very beautiful country and I miss it very much. This is my gift to myself and a reminder of the good times I had in Canada.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
great looking build

There is still 8 states that have worse guns law than Canada.
Link Posted: 7/21/2016 11:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

great looking build

it's nice to splurge on ourselves every now and then

i've wanted to do a c-8 build but got sidetracked by the retro bug lately.  looking forward to the finished pics

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:43:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for sharing pics of your build OP.  I wish the original C7/C8 thread hadn't been archived.  But may be thread will re-ignite interests in the rifles & carbines from the Great White North
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Very, very nice.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Thanks for sharing pics of your build OP.  I wish the original C7/C8 thread hadn't been archived.  But may be thread will re-ignite interests in the rifles & carbines from the Great White North
View Quote

Agreed!
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 3:54:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
After two years, I finally finished my Canadian C-8 clone build. Except for the BCM C-8 barrel and engraved 80% lower (Thanks Braceman) it is exclusively Colt and Diemaco parts. I am still looking to buy the  Colt six hole carbine hand guards. All I need is a Eotech, Insight M3X light, and sling. Anyone know if the Canadians switched lights from the M3X, and what sling they issue?

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/veeklog/media/Firearms/a11934d3c290fe6788f213446936df02_zpsxroxogy1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/veeklog/Firearms/a11934d3c290fe6788f213446936df02_zpsxroxogy1.jpg</a>
View Quote

All the Eotech were taken off and sent back. Everything has a C79 on it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:23:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s42.photobucket.com/user/veeklog/media/Firearms/a11934d3c290fe6788f213446936df02_zpsxroxogy1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/veeklog/Firearms/a11934d3c290fe6788f213446936df02_zpsxroxogy1.jpg</a>

I hated that El can with a passion matched only by my hatred of my ex wife.

Irons would have been preferable
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ha ha: Sounds exactly like an ex-girlfriend I once had!

I have a M145 which is exactly like the C79 except for a few changes. It has beautiful glass, but very heavy. On a carbine it doesn't make sense. As much as I prefer the Eotech, I understand why they sent them back because of the cold weather the POI drift would be extreme. But why not replace it with another red dot suck as an Aimpoint T-2? Still waiting on getting the Colt hand guards to finish the rifle. As for now will shoot it with irons
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I was pricing out the parts for a clone tribute to my home and native land. But yowzers! Those CC/Deimaco parts don't come cheap, do they?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:14:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I was pricing out the parts for a clone tribute to my home and native land. But yowzers! Those CC/Deimaco parts don't come cheap, do they?
View Quote

Very expensive, and hard to find
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 3:00:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Just put a KAC RAS on with green panels and get the CF green stock and grip.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Where did you get the barrel with the simon sleeve?
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 9:24:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Where did you get the barrel with the simon sleeve?
View Quote

BCM makes a C-8 SFW upper. Changed out the BCM upper, charging handle, and BCM Compensator to a Diemaco upper, Diemaco BCG, Colt charging handle, and Colt A2 flash hider. The only thing BCM on that upper is the barrel and gas tube. Even the barrel nut assembly is Colt
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 7:50:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I did one a few years ago, and honestly didn't like it.

My rifle was based on a Colt "made in Canada" 6721. The stock set was the factory Colt set, cerakoted OD. I had the 6721 barrel turned down, and the sleeve made..That work was done by John Thomas.

Honestly, in retrospect, I should have done the C8 carbine with the lighter barrel. I found the C8 SFW to be front heavy, and a bit odd to shoot. I ended up selling it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/Stottman013/2.jpg

My rifle was based on a Colt "made in Canada" 6721. The stock set was the factory Colt set, cerakoted OD. I had the 6721 barrel turned down, and the sleeve made..That work was done by John Thomas.

Honestly, in retrospect, I should have done the C8 carbine with the lighter barrel. I found the C8 SFW to be front heavy, and a bit odd to shoot. I ended up selling it.
View Quote

Triad is on backwards.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Triad is on backwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/Stottman/Stottman013/2.jpg

Triad is on backwards.

Probably. But I've seen them both ways.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 1:43:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Got my Colt six hole carbine hand guards today, and finally installed them on my upper. Leaving tomorrow on vacation for a week in Montreal for a week, but when I get back will post pictures. Next is the the sling, M3X light, and trying to decide if I should put an Eotech 552 on it.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 2:36:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Got my Colt six hole carbine hand guards today, and finally installed them on my upper. Leaving tomorrow on vacation for a week in Montreal for a week, but when I get back will post pictures. Next is the the sling, M3X light, and trying to decide if I should put an Eotech 552 on it.
View Quote

If our PAL is still valid, you could pick the real deal up.

They had 512 on them.
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 3:07:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:15:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They had 512 on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had 512 on them.

No he's correct.  They had 552.  512 are not NV compatible.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 1:03:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had 512 on them.

I thought they were 552, but a Weapons Tech told me they were 512. But your right 552 NSN 1240-20-002-5226.
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They had 512 on them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had 512 on them.

No, my PAL expired in 2015, but if ever moved back north I would renew it. The range is a PITA though
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 2:00:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Rebel05/media/DSCN2743_zpsdnuu27gh.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/DSCN2743_zpsdnuu27gh.jpg</a>

Just build a poor man's CF RAS.
View Quote

I like it! Pretty simple to do and cost less than a RAS. Here is my finished C-8 SFW with Colt hand guards and Canadian Thermold magazine.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:44:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Great Job!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Nice build OP.

I'd love to do a Canadian clone.
I won't till I get my hands on an original black Diemaco carbine stock.

So, RebelRouser, got one laying around by chance?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/Rebel05/media/DSCN2411_zps426961c2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/Rebel05/DSCN2411_zps426961c2.jpg</a>

Diemaco SA 15.7. KAC RAS with KAC green panels. It's pretty close to Canadian Average Green furniture. These panels were made for JTF2 and Norway. If you find some with the maple leaf on the back of them they are the Canadian contract ones. KAC sold the over runs.
View Quote

That is a beautiful build, Rebel! Wish I could get a original Diemaco like you did
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 8:53:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Nice build OP.

View Quote

I do have some extras. Brad stripped a bunch of complete rifles for parts.

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/AR-15.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:07:36 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice build OP.

Damn, I need this. Any legal way to get them in the US?

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/C7A2-C8A3-CF-Green-Butt-Plate.html

Link Posted: 8/28/2016 10:13:25 PM EDT
[#37]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice build OP.

Damn, I need this. Any legal way to get them in the US?

http://www.nordicmarksman.com/C7A2-C8A3-CF-Green-Butt-Plate.html
http://www.nordicmarksman.com/kz-content/images/xlarge/c7a2-c8a3-cf-green-butt-plate10571421.jpg

Inquiring minds need to know....................
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 4:56:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Two ways, and this will depend on the seller-

ATF Form 6 (import permit) for all the stuff that you need. Wait for the ATF to process it, which is normally 4-6 weeks. Maybe more. Insert approved form 6 in box mailed to the US.

Order under $100 US of stuff. No import permit needed.

That ignores the Canadian export laws.

Grey area way-

Or, just have the seller drop your box in the mail. Based on what AK guys bring in "grey market", not really much to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#39]
I found another vendor who has them listed in stock and will ship items to the USA. Their "US Customer Information" page says:

SFRC is located in Canada so there are a number of items that we are unable to ship to the United States. These items include

-Firearms (including stripped receivers)

-Ammunition

-Primers & Gun Powder Please
do not attempt to purchase the items listed above if you live outside
of Canada. Besides these items, almost everything else on the website
can be shipped to the USA.

I placed an order for the following last night (total before shipping looks to be about US$111.31) so we'll see what happens.
Genuine Colt Canada C7A2/C8A3 Green Stock - C$109.95

Genuine Colt Canada C7A2/C8A3 Green Butt Pad - C$34.95

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Thanks' USGI,
That's what I was thinking as far as the ship it and forget it grey area way.

Definately keep us up to date on your experience grondike, it'll be nice to know how your experience goes.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Complete green furniture sets are $299 and black is $110.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Complete green furniture sets are $299 and black is $110.
View Quote

Sure, now that I bought a Colt N1 stock kit two weeks ago and an Aimpoint  last week, you do this to me on the black set.
Life is so unfair.
Guess I'll start looking in the furniture or work for it on a street corner in Minneapolis for a week

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]

I'm curious if SFRC will actualy export these parts to the states.  Rebel Rouser, nice to see you here :0

OP, nice rifle.  I saw your build on CGN and first thought to myself why bother with a build when you can buy a complete rifle from CC, but realized you were in the US.  It's a shame that firearm enthusiasts have to face such difficulties for our hobby in terms of parts crossing the border.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:51:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm curious if SFRC will actualy export these parts to the states.  Rebel Rouser, nice to see you here :0

OP, nice rifle.  I saw your build on CGN and first thought to myself why bother with a build when you can buy a complete rifle from CC, but realized you were in the US.  It's a shame that firearm enthusiasts have to face such difficulties for our hobby in terms of parts crossing the border.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

My order went from no activity (including no charge on my card) to processing after I sent a note in asking the status. The response I received said, "We had to verify this item could be shipped down to the US.  The order is out for processing."

I have my fingers crossed.

Link Posted: 9/1/2016 6:03:51 PM EDT
[#45]

My order went from no activity (including no charge on my card) to processing after I sent a note in asking the status. The response I received said, "We had to verify this item could be shipped down to the US.  The order is out for processing."

View Quote

Hope it works out for you.  I know how frustrating it can be to want something but actulally getting it is a big no-no as seen from the eyes of our respective governments.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please let us know how it works out
Link Posted: 9/3/2016 7:30:49 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My order has shipped. Still in Canada but UPS tracking shows estimated delivery of next Thursday.

Fingers still crossed.

Link Posted: 9/3/2016 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#48]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfsRJWRB8iA

Here's a old training video from the early 90's.
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 2:26:32 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
My order has shipped. Still in Canada but UPS tracking shows estimated delivery of next Thursday.

Fingers still crossed.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fingers still crossed.

Link Posted: 9/9/2016 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fingers still crossed.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2243566/sfr.jpg

And now that I'm home...

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top