Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2016 1:15:34 PM EDT
It's my understanding that there have been both gray and black M16A2's produced.  On the gray ones, besides the receivers, which other parts are gray and which parts are black?  I've been thinking about ordering an NDS A2 lower for my M16A2 clone that is currently black and am trying to decided if I want to go to gray receivers.  I think my biggest factor will be how many other parts are also gray and how difficult they would be to obtain.
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:29:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it worth 1000 words?  

Link Posted: 7/17/2016 9:38:20 AM EDT
[#2]
</a>" />

Had to grind the back of the large button forward assist to clear the a2 lower (as was commonly done) .  Naval jelly on the lower parts kit turned them a matching grey.
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 1:25:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Grey all the way!!

You'll need the upper lower, delta ring and charging handle.
IF you want to be picky the trigger guard, (doesn't matter to me)

NDS can supply the lower and CH.
It would be great if they got into the delta and slip ring business too :)
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL.   Believe it or not, the above build started with a grey delta ring I had in my spare parts bin!
Link Posted: 7/17/2016 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Grey all the way!!

You'll need the upper lower, delta ring and charging handle.
IF you want to be picky the trigger guard, (doesn't matter to me)

NDS can supply the lower and CH.
It would be great if they got into the delta and slip ring business too :)
View Quote

I vote for gray.  Here's a picture of my then Colt M16A2 clone.  Built with all Colt parts except for NDS gray A2 lower.  It's been torn down and parts sold off to pay for medical bills  Now for the good news.  I started an FN M16A2 clone build with an engraved 80% lower and just waiting on a gray delta ring and charging handle to complete the build

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top