Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/6/2016 5:25:33 PM EDT
I'm wanting to build an A2 carbine similar to a 727. Del-Ton has some pretty reasonably priced A2 uppers ($130) and was wondering about their quality. I have a RR A2 and am pleased with it, but there is a pretty big price difference between the two.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 6:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
You can buy from Del-Ton with confidence. I have used a lot of their stuff over the years and never had issues. Their receivers are as good as anyone else's.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can buy from Del-Ton with confidence. I have used a lot of their stuff over the years and never had issues. Their receivers are as good as anyone else's.
View Quote
honestly that has been my experience too.

Link Posted: 7/6/2016 8:27:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Three
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't have an A2 (yet ), but, I do have a Del-Ton carbine with flat-top upper and lightweight barrel.
They make good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 5:26:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought a del-ton A2 upper for a build and it's been good for me. Good price, good customer service, seems to be a quality product.

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 7:56:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I like to build clone'ish and retro style weapons. The issue I had with the RRA A2 upper I bought from was their logo being on it in white. I ended up shelfing that part and using it on a pistol build later on.

Here's the logo

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 8:51:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I just took a sharpie to my RRA carry handle.  I guess I'm not that anal.  

Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#8]
My del-ton upper has been 100% with brass cased ammo.   It gets really finicky with steal cased ammo.
Link Posted: 7/7/2016 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My del-ton upper has been 100% with brass cased ammo.   It gets really finicky with steal cased ammo.
View Quote
My flat top eats steel wolf all day long. Getting close to 10k of them now. No problems at all with it. Bought the complete rifle kit from them a couple years ago. Haven't replaced anything on that gun.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#10]
My Del-Ton mid-length A2 upper has been 110% with everything it's ever been fed.

Fit/finish is great as well.

Would recommend.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Del-Ton upper on a DPMS lower that has almost 1k rounds through it with no issues.

Link Posted: 7/14/2016 8:55:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. DTI is gtg. Quality vs $ is outstanding.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top