Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2016 10:42:38 PM EDT
Picked up a ban era Bushmaster A2carbine(IMO cheap-$475) and am torn between keeping it as-is other than threading it, or converting to .300 blackout just because. The only Blackout barrels I'm seeing have F marked FSBs-understandable since most go on flattops. With the different height, how tough would it be to zero to the A2 handle? I'd think it's possible, but don't want to buy a barrel and find out it's a case of "Shouldn't have tried."
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Totally able to do, I have done it multiple times. Front sight might sit a little lower in the post than normal, but not a biggie
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, didn't remember if it was shorter or taller due to a stupid moment. Been wanting a Blackout, if I make up my mind this might be the time-although for some reason the NEF Handi-Rifles in Blackout look appealing too, and for what I want it for a single shot would be fine.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top