Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/23/2016 9:33:01 AM EDT
I am thinking about buying parts and using some I have laying around to assemble a 727 clone...I have a parts list, does this look good to you guys? Anything I missed?
727 Clone
Fulton A2 upper
A2 rear sight kit
Windham 14.5" barrel Kit (FSB, gas tube, d ring assy, barrel nut, pinned A2X FH)
PSA Milspec 7075 CH
Doublestar CAR hand guard
Already have BCG, FA, and dust cover

Lower
McKay Enterprises A2 lower
Repro CAR stock
GI Trigger guard $5
Castle nut and endplate $15
Have LPK
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good plan. You may want to consider these CAR handguards.

http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/productinfo_v3.aspx?productid=RET-CAR-6H
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:50:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I used that barrel on my brothers A2 carbine, I was very impressed with the quality.

It came with the sling swivel already riveted and the front sight installed.

Shoots pretty good too!
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 10:17:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Aimpoint 5000, and spray paint
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I am thinking about buying parts and using some I have laying around to assemble a 727 clone...I have a parts list, does this look good to you guys? Anything I missed?
727 Clone
Fulton A2 upper
A2 rear sight kit
Windham 14.5" barrel Kit (FSB, gas tube, d ring assy, barrel nut, pinned A2X FH)
PSA Milspec 7075 CH

Lower
Repro CAR stock
GI Trigger guard $5
Have LPK
View Quote

That is almost the same parts list as my 727 build.  The Windham barrel is really nice and mine is a good shooter.  The only thing I don't like about it is the Windham extended A2 flash hider is a little longer then it needs to be.  Comparing it to my BCM A2X it's noticeably longer.  Also, I would look for a set of 6 hole skinny hand guards.  I'm pretty sure the Doublestar hand guards have 7 holes.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Numrich has some 6 hole CAR hand guards listed as new DPMS.  I ordered two sets.  One was NOS Colt six hole hand guards.  The other set was one NOS Colt hand guard and a unidentified brand six hole hand guard.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:47:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is almost the same parts list as my 727 build.  The Windham barrel is really nice and mine is a good shooter.  The only thing I don't like about it is the Windham extended A2 flash hider is a little longer then it needs to be.  Comparing it to my BCM A2X it's noticeably longer.  Also, I would look for a set of 6 hole skinny hand guards.  I'm pretty sure the Doublestar hand guards have 7 holes.

http://i.imgur.com/oo4do5cl.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
727 Clone
Fulton A2 upper
A2 rear sight kit
PSA Milspec 7075 CH

Lower
Repro CAR stock
GI Trigger guard $5
Have LPK

Nice! What upper did you go with?
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
727 Clone
Fulton A2 upper
A2 rear sight kit
PSA Milspec 7075 CH

Lower
Repro CAR stock
GI Trigger guard $5
Have LPK

I got the A2 upper off the EE.  It's a key hole forge but I don't know the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 9:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I just picked up a DPMS A2 stripped upper. From what I've read they are GTG.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
For additional inspiration - the 727 / XM4 has an appeal to me that the M4 doesn't.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Got the upper and ch today. I already have a BCG and LPK, all I need is a stripped lower, rear sight kit, and the barrel assy.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 3:25:39 AM EDT
[#11]
My 727 clone: Colt 6933 factory SBR w/6 position tube
FN A2 upper receiver from EE
Colt 14.5" M4 barrel with A2 Fh and peel washer
Colt 6 hole carbine hand guards
Colt carbine stock

Link Posted: 4/25/2016 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Just picked up a Colt A2 '4' marked upper, so I will be rebuilding the upper and my 727 clone will be all Colt!!
Link Posted: 4/25/2016 6:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Aimpoint 5000, and spray paint
View Quote

+1 this is my accidental 727 build:

All in all you have a good list together and should be good to go OP. Listen to the other guys here though they have a wealth of knowledge that can't be beat!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top