Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 2:54:22 PM EDT
Hello all! I had so much fun building my AR-15 from scratch I am looking to build another one. However, this time I am looking to spend a little more money on the Lower Receiver. There are quite a few brands out there and I am looking to buy a "billet" receiver as opposed to a forged receiver. With all the brands out there; I do have some time to narrow down my search.

I know this will be suggestive and not objective and I know there will be many different opinions. I accept that. The reason why is that I know some people will come up with the pros and cons to one brand or another. So far, I am looking at Noveske, Battle Arms and Seekins. The price point difference is about $100 between the 3 and that has me a little confused. Buying one over the other is not the issue. My reasoning is that I want the "Best" billet lower receiver.

My guess is that the opinions and reasoning will help my decision. Any thoughts or comments would be greatly appreciated.

CJ
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#1]
If lower receiver = 7075-t6 aluminum AND lower reciever = mil spec, THEN FO.

serious note. PSA has blem lowers that are cheap. theres only a few forges that actually produce lowers, so as long as theyre made of the proper aluminum i would buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:27:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your input. I am looking at Seekins and or Mega Arms Billet Stripped lowers. I will see which one is available. Again, thank you for your input
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd probably get more opinions if this were in the AR Discussions forum, not the A2 Builds forum.

Noveske lowers look nice if you're into that kind of thing.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top