Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/5/2016 12:03:45 AM EDT
I finished building my AR. WOW What a fun project. It reminds me of building car, tank and ship models when I was young. I started with the "Calico Jack" Spikes Tactical Stripped receiver. I had them paint the receiver as it was only $15 more for them to do it. I used the Daniels Defense Lower Mil Spec Kit and Stock. I went with the Adam Arms Upper Receiver which is a piston design. Bought UTG Iron Sights and have the Truglo Red Dot sight. I put on Calico Jack Pivot and Take-Down pins and my dust cover too. When the Dust cover opens I have "GAME OVER" laser inscribed on it.

This was a very fun build and I probably saved about $500-$750 building it myself. I look at the AR build as a model build when I was a kid. I am going to shoot it this weekend and break it in. I hope I did everything right and not blow it up!...LOL I will be building another AR as I had so much fun. This time it will be a DI build and probably a little more $$ so it can be really "Bad Ass". I would love to show pics but do not know if I can on this site. Either way this site help me build it with all the information on this site!

Thank you AR15.com!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:48:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome  to the sight.......    Don't leave any spare parts in the dark.    leave them on the bench under sun light or artificial  lighting  or those parts will breed like rabbits..  

I built two   A2's    to look just  like my basic training weapon . less  the  selector lever turning to full
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you get the faux-full switch?
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
So I'm in the same boat right now.  

I just have the Anderson stripped lower and Ergo grip.  

I have been wrestling with the idea of just buying a completed upper, a completed lower kit, etc.Or building it from the ground up.

I'm a big DIYer and went the same route as you did when I was a kid.

I have the special wrench, the lower block, the punches, but I need the wrap around vice hold for the lower to install the barrel.  YouTube has been a fantastic teacher.

So what you're telling me is to take the big step.  I won't regret it.  Hell, I almost did the 80/20 but stopped because I needed a drill press to do it right!

I'm in no hurry.  I'll take baby steps & use AR15.com as a HUGE resource.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 3:45:50 PM EDT
[#4]
LMAO!! You are so right!! I am now looking to build another AR but this time spend a little more $$. Looking to get a Noveske Stripped lower and an upgraded trigger other than a Mil-Spec trigger....my parts multiplied so much I can build another with those parts!! The AR15 Rabbits struck again!! I will probably build my own upper too! The only thing I will be worried about is the Head Space once I finish...I will probably take it to a gun smith just to make sure I did the head space right. IMO, I don't think I am at that point in terms of builds...YET!!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top