Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2016 3:30:29 PM EDT
This is the second one of these I've seen in last year, the spring doesn't require pressure to slide over the buffer, and thus doesn't stay together as one unit. All of the ones I saw while I was in stayed as a unit when you pulled it out, it's also a strange green color?

William
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the spring getting caught up on the buffer retainer?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:49:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Some springs have tapered coils at each end; these stay tight on the buffer.  Others have the same size coils from one end to the other; these wont stay tight on the buffer.  Both types work fine.  Color is a rust resistant finish and varies by manufacturer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Interesting, is it cheaper to manufacythem w/o the taper or something? I'm not a fan of it, I prefer the MIL kind that I'm used to. So do you know if I can find a spring that'll work, meaning, the buffer is standard it's the spring that is different?

William
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top