Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2015 1:08:03 PM EDT
Picked up a complete PSA A2 rifle lower with a polished trigger for $155 shipped from their Black Friday sale. So I guess I'm building an A2 clone. Are there any places out there that still have the stripped A2 upper for cheap money? I didn't get any when they where $39.99.

I usually use mostly Colt parts for my builds, but since the lower is just a PSA I'm fine with all commercially produced parts for this one.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:40:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if I can say a good place to get them as I don't think they advertise here, shoot me an IM and I'll help you out.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about cheap but stripped $85 and assembled $150

Link Posted: 11/28/2015 9:29:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Keep a good watch on the EE, never know what will pop up when you least expect it
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 9:17:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys. This gives me a couple of good places to fall back to if I need to. Really kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing at least one when they where $39.99. This is supposed to be a cheap build, but I was thinking about getting the upper, lower and delta ring covered in some Norrells Moly resin's black grey.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Well it looks like my A2 project got a little setback. PSA refuses to ship lower receivers to MA. Even though they are completely compliant with MA laws. They should probably mention this on their website.

They can expect to not see any business from me again.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well it looks like my A2 project got a little setback. PSA refuses to ship lower receivers to MA. Even though they are completely compliant with MA laws. They should probably mention this on their website.

They can expect to not see any business from me again.
View Quote

It's bad enough living behind enemy lines, but it's even worse dealing with businesses that are so afraid of breaking the law that they rather not take the risk  Can't you get Anderson lower or something inexpensive and start with that?
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
PSA just canceled my order after I explained to them the lower was 100% MA compliant. I was going to try and do this build with as many PSA parts as possible. Now they won't get another cent from me.

I could do an Anderson, but they are usually over $75 locally. I'll just order another McKay or add a 2nd A2 lower to my standing order with NDS. Both companies that have no problem shipping to MA.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 2:28:42 PM EDT
[#9]
What's really sad is that businesses ever have to fear that they may break some worthless gun control law in the first place...

Thankfully there are only but a few of such slave states left with which businesses have to worry about such nonsense.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 8:38:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thankfully there are only but a few of such slave states left with which businesses have to worry about such nonsense.
View Quote

And unfortunately I live in one! I may jump the border and move to NH!

And, I did just buy this. Guess I'm building a Colt A2 now. Anyone want to trade an NDS 601 lower for an NDS A2

Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And, I did just buy this. Guess I'm building a Colt A2 now. Anyone want to trade an NDS 601 lower for an NDS A2

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/Mobile%20Uploads/20151203_1610200-1_zpszowlsbvu.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/EARRNHARDT3/Mobile%20Uploads/20151203_1610200-1_zpszowlsbvu.jpg

If your upper is an early A2, it should have a rebated front lug and if does, I'd use that 601 lower for the build because Colt built a lot of A2 with slab-sided A1 profile lowers
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If your upper is an early A2, it should have a rebated front lug and if does, I'd use that 601 lower for the build because Colt built a lot of A2 with slab-sided A1 profile lowers
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would love to see a picture of an AR-15A2 upper with a rebated front lug!  I was under the impression that they were using the screw type pivot pin at that time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would love to see a picture of an AR-15A2 upper with a rebated front lug!  I was under the impression that they were using the screw type pivot pin at that time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Military M16A2 uppers made for Air Force conversions had counterbored ("rebated") front lugs for 601 and 602 lowers.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 10:44:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[
Military M16A2 uppers made for Air Force conversions had counterbored ("rebated") front lugs for 601 and 602 lowers.
View Quote

I had thought about trying to find a complete Capco upper like the ones being sold a year or so ago on the EE for my NDS lower. That would have been a neat build. But I couldn't pass up this Colt upper.

I''m running a preban grey small pin CMB forge code A2 upper on my 601 lower right now. I had a buddy that's a machinist rebate the front lug for me to use the 601 pivot pin.
Link Posted: 12/4/2015 11:55:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll repeat- I would like to see a picture.  I'm not doubting you.  I've never seen one.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:13:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll repeat- I would like to see a picture.  I'm not doubting you.  I've never seen one.
View Quote

Robbed this off the net. OP says it's a Colt CMB marked upper with an auto sear cut out.

Link Posted: 12/5/2015 2:47:58 AM EDT
[#17]
There was a Colt Alcoa Forge (AF forge code) with rebated lug and factory feed-ramp listed for sale on EE not long ago for $150 bucks.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1487887_WTS__A2_Upper_Receivers.html
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 12:27:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for the pictures.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been fighting the bug to build an A2 upper based build, however I feel guilty for not shooting my other builds more often.  Maybe if I buy just the upper right now and wait for sales or great deals, I can prolong having to buy another gun safe.

Either way, I'm leaning towards a Colt 727 clone.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top