Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2015 5:05:47 PM EDT
I picked up an Armalite A2 Service Rifle over the weekend - I needed another AR15 like a hole in the head, but I wanted a basic A2 without a bunch of junk attached all over it.  Rifle is in great shape and is factory-equipped with a crisp ~6# 2-stage trigger.  I like the OD furniture.  It seemed a pretty good deal to me ($550, including soft case and 6 mags), but the rifle is a little confusing - it has no bayonet lug and has some kind of muzzle break on it.  Prob a ban-era rifle, maybe.  What do you think?

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:07:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think that was a good deal on an AWB-era AR.

How does she shoot?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Bayo lug being removed is usually for ban states, but yours is different looking where the bayo lug should be. I would just shoot out that barrel and replace barrel with correct FSB when the time comes. And I would remove that God forsaken brake or whatever it is right when I received the rifle, and throw on an A2 flash hider.

That being said, nice rifle!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Set screw FSB?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:18:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does she shoot?
View Quote

Not sure - I didn't adjust the sights or anything, just ran 10 rounds through it off-hand to check for function from my deck.  Function was flawless - I was loosing light, and I really can't shoot open sights anymore as my eyes are old, but I pulverized a steel plate that was swinging from a chain that was out about 35 yards or so, so I'd say it shoots good enough.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Set screw FSB?
View Quote

I believe so, yes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I would replace that muzzle device with an A2.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/343064/dpms-flash-hider-a2-1-2-28-thread-ar-15-matte

Also don't forget a crush washer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Set screw FSB?
View Quote

Looks like a clamp-on.

I agree with others, get an A2 flash suppressor.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:02:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Good buy. I really like the A2.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:04:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree with others, get an A2 flash suppressor.

View Quote

I kinda like the look of the brake, actually.  I do have a few spare A2 flash hiders kicking around just in case I change my mind though.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 6:42:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Want.

ETA: I believe that's an Armalite clamp on FSB, I bought one for my DPMS Oracle once upon a time.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Want.

ETA: I believe that's an Armalite clamp on FSB, I bought one for my DPMS Oracle once upon a time.
View Quote

Correct. The set-screw front sight base is a feature of the Armalite Service Rifle line.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Its hard to tell but does the front sling attach to the FSB or the hand guard tube

If it attaches to the FSB it is a standard A2. On the National Match the hand guard should be free floated
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Its hard to tell but does the front sling attach to the FSB or the hand guard tube

If it attaches to the FSB it is a standard A2. On the National Match the hand guard should be free floated
View Quote

Attaches to the FSB - it's not a NM, its a Service Rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 1:34:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Topic Moved
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top