Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/31/2015 2:41:08 AM EDT

Hi everyone. I am planning to installed a Rocking River Arms A2 stock looking free float barrel sleeve on my AR.  I want to make it as stock as possible using the A2 stock and front sight but using a free floating barrel also.   Have anyone here installed on other their Ar and if so...what tool do you recommend to install the barrel nut? One the Brownells site they recommend the DMPS muti tool but when I saw the reviews...a lot of people were saying the lugs to torque the nut would snap off. I know most multi tool uses 2 lugs but I was actually looking for one that used 4 or more due to strength. What tool did you use to install yours? I just wanna get the correct tool to make the job easier.

Another question was that I also plan to drill out holes on the sleeve to lighten it up. Any advice to doing that? Any place I should avoid drilling to placement suggestion. I know it was designed for DMC/high power matches and they want the weight but I want an accurate rifle yet light weight( I plan to shoot from a sling so that's my reason for a free float barrel). Any other advice given would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA tool is very nice for their style barrel nut

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=365
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 7:34:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I used the DPMS multi tool (231-000-007WB) to install mine   You will also need the spanner part to tighten the jam nut on the sleeve

Amazon had it on sale for $20
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top