Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2015 10:23:09 PM EDT
Just got this Colt upper, anything special about it? Im gonna post it in EE eventually.
What should I ask?
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 2:11:49 AM EDT
[#1]
We really don't have an appraisal thread in this forum, but I'll take a stab at it.  Upper is a commercial Colt A2 upper due to large-hole pivot pin.  You can still use these large-hole uppers on lowers with mil-spec pivot pins, but you'll need an adapter bushing.  Finish is light to medium gray anodizing, which is typical for Colt uppers & lowers from mid 80's to mid 90's.  Without the forward assist and ejection port cover, I'd say it's worth $100 bucks plus or minus $10 either way.  I'm not sure from the picture, but the take-down hole looks like it's been enlarged to fit a specific lower.  If that's the case, I'd knock off a few more bucks off the value
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Nothing really special about it. I have the same upper on my 1986 Colt AR-15 A2...

And my 1993 Colt Sporter Match HBAR MH6601

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top