Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 11:55:09 AM EDT

A friend of mine has a Colt, Sporter Competition HBAR, ser. CH008xxx

This rifle is factory original and shoots beautiful groups.  We tried to use the COLT Forums Serial Number lookup to see what year it was manufactured,

but it came up with, "Sorry, no records found".

So, does anyone out there have any idea as to the approx. manufacture date of this AR Sporter?

Thanks

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You can call Colt.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you try the serial number lookup from the Colt factory?

Colt Serial number lookup
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I will say this, it is a pre-ban era Colt. After the AWB was passed, Colt changed the "R" designation to "AR". Your Colt Sporter Competition HBAR is most likely the R6700. It was probably made somewhere around 1990-93. You will need to call Colt to make sure. Most of the pre-ban Colts are not in their on-line database. That is why it is not coming up. I have had to call Colt on my pre-ban models.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:58:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Does it have a bayonet lug?
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will say this, it is a pre-ban era Colt. After the AWB was passed, Colt changed the "R" designation to "AR". Your Colt Sporter Competition HBAR is most likely the R6700. It was probably made somewhere around 1990-93. You will need to call Colt to make sure. Most of the pre-ban Colts are not in their on-line database. That is why it is not coming up. I have had to call Colt on my pre-ban models.
View Quote

Sounds like a 6700 to me, no bayolug...? How about A2 Muzzle device? The R in the 6700 series eventually became MT for Match Target during the neutered years.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top