Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2015 2:15:14 AM EDT
Brownells usually lists these at $110, but they're on sale right now. I picked one up because I bought one of those DPMS A2 uppers at CDNN and I really want the matching teflon finish on my lower. I have a couple AP lowers sitting around and the finish is just too far off for me to use in my A2 build. These are "California" lowers, meaning they have cosmetic changes to the DPMS roll mark to make them legal in CA. Basically there is no panther accompanying the DPMS. Anyway, good deal on a DPMS lower, thought I'd share for those of you wanting a matching finish for the DPMS A2 upper.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-ca-stripped-lower-receiver-prod77871.aspx
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Are panthers banned in California?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:22:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't think it's changed, as far as I know, if a DPMS lower says "Panther" on it, its banned. So, DPMS removed the Panther Arms and the cat from the side of the Lower and called it an A-15. Good to go! Stupid laws made by stupid people.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 1:29:15 PM EDT
[#3]
So if it said "fluffy kitty" it would be ok? Dianne Feinstein really is weird!  However, I do like the look of the name only version better.  Ahh -- does that mean I agree with Dianne?
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top