Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2015 10:57:01 AM EDT
Right now, I've got a Trijicon ACOG with carry handle mount on my A2 rifle.

I'm looking to use that ACOG on another build so I'll need something for my A2.

for obvious reasons, I'd like to stick with something that mounts on the handle itself (and not a mount that mounts to the handle)

Has anyone used the Trijicon RX34-25 with Carry Handle Mount?
I'd love to see some mounted and get your feedback if so.

(mods, I know this is a sight question, but as it relates directly to the carry handle mount, I thought this location would bring more responses)
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 1:23:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I ran a Trijicon RX06 Reflex 12.5 MOA Amber Dot with M16 Handle Mount RX-10 on my lightweight carbine for a few years and really liked that set up.  It's currently on my brother's IDF clone cause he likes it so much.  But I've NOT had a chance to try out any reflex sight mounted directly onto carry handle before.  If you like the ACOG mounted on top of the A2 carry handle, then I don't see why you wouldn't like the RX34-25 mounted the same way.

I "borrowed" this picture below of an IDF clone with the RX06 from an old thread by Member SpottedFrog

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Im concerned it will sit too high.
the only problem that I have with the ACOG is the cheek weld.  

I think that any reflex mounted to the handle will be the same.
I guess I'll just look into the RX09 with handle mount similar to the pictured unit.

I've also had an EOTECH XPS2 mounted on a quad handrail and i really liked that it co-witnessed with irons.

thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 2:48:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Just found a pic (not mine) you originally asked for.  My God that Reflex sits high.  It's even worse than a compact ACOG on an A2 upper!  If co-witnessing is important to you, then I'd go with the RX10 mount.

Link Posted: 8/13/2015 4:56:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just found a pic (not mine) you originally asked for.  My God that Reflex sits high.  It's even worse than a compact ACOG on an A2 upper!  If co-witnessing is important to you, then I'd go with the RX10 mount.

View Quote

that's what i was afraid of.
thanks!  

(how many pages of google image search did you have to go through? I looked for 10 mins before I posted the request)
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#5]
While not directly related to the RX34, I do run a MRD on my A1 carry handle, and I don't find it a problem to use at all.

You do shift from a cheek to more like a chin weld, but I"m used to chin welds from running AK's with optics anyway. It's still lower than a fullsize Aimpoint in the mount, and probably the lowest above-the-handle optic you're going to get.

It might be an option, if you can tolerate a battery powered optic.

(Nevermind my crappy camo job, it was my first try ever )

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Love that carbine!
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#7]
If the Israelis could adapt the SUIT sight for use on a carry handle, you can probably make yours work.

Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:11:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey that's not my stock, is it?  
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 4:53:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey that's not my stock, is it?  
View Quote

Nah, it's an N1 I picked up before the prices got stupid.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 1:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
way to go!!  
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top