Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2015 6:56:28 PM EDT
Why is an LE6920  M4 cheaper to buy currently than a Rock River LAR15 Entry Tact?
Every thing I've read points to the Colt being the superior rifle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Why is an LE6920  M4 cheaper to buy currently than a Rock River LAR15 Entry Tact?
View Quote

It is and resale value is better. They have some basic dpms rifles up in the 1000's too. Colt or build your own is my motto.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:03:45 PM EDT
[#2]
With MagPul furniture, I can buy the Colt for 899.00 at my local store (no tax) in Oregon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 7:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It is and resale value is better. They have some basic dpms rifles up in the 1000's too. Colt or build your own is my motto.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The market says you're wrong.

FYI, I have both and the RRA is a better shooter.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree that a lot of people in the know say the Colt is better.  I've had better luck with accuracy with RRA barrels though.  And other barrels in general.  However, my Colt's always feel really smooth in functioning in comparison.  Not sure what the deal is but my 20" a2 just feels slick when cycling the action, while almost any other brand I've had feels a bit more gritty.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:09:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't go wrong with a Colt. I had an SP1 and traded it off and went through 6 different brands until I made it back to Colt. You can't go wrong with the quality, resale value or purchase price. I believe there is a rare buying opportunity to get one at steep discounted price due to financial situation they're in. You can get an OEM for $750 to dress it as you like, or some Magpul editions are under $900 now...
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Cause Colt is broke and lowered their prices to try to move product
Link Posted: 7/26/2015 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

A couple years ago people lined up for $1000 - $1050 Colts, a screaming bargain at the time, now $800ish gets you a Colt.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

A couple years ago people lined up for $1000 - $1050 Colts, a screaming bargain at the time, now $800ish gets you a Colt.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A couple years ago people were lining up to buy 6920's for $2300.00 here in CT due to the New town panic and the recent CT ban.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 9:50:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt's finances make the LE6920 price a no-brainer over RRA. Another good deal is the OEM without furniture...

Not even conceivable that Colt go out of business, BUT that would sure drive those future prices up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Colt is the standard.  RRA is the better rifle.  I've had both and the RRA is a better shooter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 12:01:46 PM EDT
[#11]
My experience with the RRA is that they have a much better fit and finish and offer a variety of configurations over the Colt that people seem to gravitate to. The whole "FBI" thing RRA was a little misleading , but seemed to appeal to the casual shooter.

Now the stripped 6920 was on sale at my LGS for $699 last week , so I would guess cost was in the $600 range for the dealer.

For me there was nothing overly appealing on the RRA  offerings that I needed nor wanted that I could not build up myself better.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top