Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/30/2015 5:31:43 PM EDT
New A2 Build that has been some time in the making...

FN dark gray A2 upper, NoDak gray A2 lower, FN M16A2 surplus barrel in excellent condition, genuine glossy fiberglass A2 mil handguards, A1 slip ring, rock river green stock and grip. PSA LPK and Core 15 BCG. Blue Force Gear sling.

Turned out super lightweight, low cost and shoots amazing. I love it.

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 5:38:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Makes me want to build one

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice,there is  something about going back to basics, I decided that I needed a colorful A1 (16 inch middy)

Link Posted: 5/30/2015 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Beautiful rifle, I'd like one just like it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 9:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Flat slip ring though?
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 11:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Flat slip ring though?
View Quote

I know, right? This started life as an A1... but I have several.. and I wanted something in the middle. If I could only have 1 rifle ever, such as zombie apocalypse etc, this is getting real close. Flat slip ring is OK with me since I already had it. :)
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I know, right? This started life as an A1... but I have several.. and I wanted something in the middle. If I could only have 1 rifle ever, such as zombie apocalypse etc, this is getting real close. Flat slip ring is OK with me since I already had it. :)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Flat slip ring though?

Had to give you some crap for it.

It reminds me of the transitional Colt Sporters with the mix of A1/A2 features. Seems anything went with those.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#7]
What are you using for a stock screw? It looks blinged out in the picture....
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:15:30 PM EDT
[#8]

OP, I like your Green A2, but if it were mine, I'd put a set of matching Green Handguards on it.

I think it would give it a "finished" look.  Just my opinion.

Link Posted: 5/31/2015 2:22:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice.
Link Posted: 5/31/2015 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very nice,there is  something about going back to basics, I decided that I needed a colorful A1 (16 inch middy)

http://i.imgur.com/IIZjnVG.jpg
View Quote

Both OP's and Warhawk's green middy carbine are nice
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 12:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
SUPER NICE.  

Although I have to admit, I find the green stock and grip paired with black handgaurds unsettling.   Those are great handgaurds though.  And I like the green, I just want to make you get some green handgaurds too.  LOL.  But if it doesn't bother you than that's all that matters.  

When you say shoots real good, can you quantify that?  Pics?  Range report?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:42:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good. I have a couple of questions though.
Whose green furniture is that?
Where did you get the selector? It is different than most I have seen, the raised portion on the left side of the selector is longer into the fulcrum than most I've seen.
Is the rear screw on the stock a cap screw? Doesn't this screw need to be vented? (through drilled)
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 5:01:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Are they vented?  Now you got me curious because I didn't think that was the case.  I'll have to look at my A2
Link Posted: 6/3/2015 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Reminds me much of the Truck  Gun Deuce I'm building right now !   I went with FDE for the furniture, because now you can get such a butt from UTG.    Just curious...what keeps the Blue Force sling from sliding off the top of the stock under load ?   Great looking weapon !  
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks all. Been traveling alot and not on arfcom nearly enough.

The stock screw is wrong because RR failed to send what was ordered. This has been fixed. Good catch.

As for the handguards, if you really know how cool and rare those are, the fact they arent green doesnt matter.

As for accuracy, thanks to living near a driving range, i have an unlimited suppy of golf balls for targets. When i took this out, i had zero issues shooting them from 0-100 yards. No official accuracy test done, but that is more than good enough for me on a non-scoped rifle.

This is lightweight, fun and accurate.  One of my goto beater weapons now....
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:40:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks all. Been traveling alot and not on arfcom nearly enough.

The stock screw is wrong because RR failed to send what was ordered. This has been fixed. Good catch.

As for the handguards, if you really know how cool and rare those are, the fact they arent green doesnt matter.

As for accuracy, thanks to living near a driving range, i have an unlimited suppy of golf balls for targets. When i took this out, i had zero issues shooting them from 0-100 yards. No official accuracy test done, but that is more than good enough for me on a non-scoped rifle.

This is lightweight, fun and accurate.  One of my goto beater weapons now....
View Quote

Being able to hit a golf ball at 100 yards is a lot more important to me than shooting little bitty groups.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:14:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Being able to hit a golf ball at 100 yards is a lot more important to me than shooting little bitty groups.
View Quote

I agree that being able to hit a Golf Ball at 100 yards is a GREAT thing to be able to do.  That being said, if you can do that with regularity,

you should probably be able to shoot some pretty decent groups with the same rifle, at the same 100 yards.

On a side note:  hitting golf balls is a very fun thing to do, talk about reactive targets!  But, be sure of your backstop.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#19]

OMG!!! the upper and lower don't match!!    Heads will explode.  

Nice rifle OP.   And I really dig that sling.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Hi Cycline3- I really like the surplus barrel, the entire build is awesome! Great job!
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:15:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Hi Cycline3- I really like the surplus barrel, the entire build is awesome! Great job!
View Quote

Thanks~! I really like how it turned out as well!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:24:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Those shiny black handguards are truly beautiful. I'd make another (this time authentic) A2 clone featuring those.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks! Actually I did black first.

I have a Colt 6601 that I replaced the HBAR with a surplus FN M16A2 barrel and it's in mint condition. A very nice rifle. About as close to GI as you can get. But I like the gray/green one better to toss in a bag and go shoot the snot out of.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top