Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2015 2:46:34 AM EDT
Wasn't sure where to post this. I have a RRA receiver and LRPK and want to build an SBR. I thought it would be nice to use a RRA upper but they only have a 10.5" shorty. Wondering what the general opinion is to ideal, or shortest reliable length for an upper. I can't use a 7" in MD. and not sure I want to go as short as 10.5" either. I was thinking a 11or 12 would be better. So just looking for recommendations. I have a 10.5" ADCOR piston upper but do not think I have confidence in their future.. Should ad I also wan to use this on a Reg Receiver also, Colt M16. Thanks all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 3:53:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I think 12.5 is the ideal AR barrel length.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think 12.5 is the ideal AR barrel length.
View Quote

This is the answer to your question.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 10:59:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are correct. I have a colt 6933 11.5" factory SBR and an ADCO 12.5" SBR. I really like them both. Both are dead reliable. The 11.5" is handier but the 12.5" seems to handle better. If I had to choose just one? 12.5" is the one.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top