Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/22/2015 7:48:00 PM EDT
I've been searching high and low for a complete A2 upper that's as close to mil spec as possible, and can't seem to find anything. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been searching high and low for a complete A2 upper that's as close to mil spec as possible, and can't seem to find anything. Suggestions?
View Quote

Windham Weaponry A2 Upper Assembly
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That has a detachable carry handle.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry. Their description is misleading. I did not look at the full description or picture very closely. You do have the option of buying a complete A2 upper receiver and n A2 Gov't barrel assembly and building your own upper assembly. That is what I did.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Sorry. Their description is misleading. I did not look at the full description or picture very closely. You do have the option of buying a complete A2 upper receiver and n A2 Gov't barrel assembly and building your own upper assembly. That is what I did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's probably the route I'll end up having to go. I just can't believe that no one is making one of these uppers. I didn't really want to have to put one together myself, this rifle won't get shot much. I just want an M16A2 look alike that will mostly be sitting in my safe.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yeah that's probably the route I'll end up having to go. I just can't believe that no one is making one of these uppers. I didn't really want to have to put one together myself, this rifle won't get shot much. I just want an M16A2 look alike that will mostly be sitting in my safe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AR15Sport has a complete A2 upper assembly.

http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/productinfo_v3.aspx?productid=UPPER-556-A2
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]

http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/productinfo_v3.aspx?productid=UPPER-556-A2
View Quote

Never heard of those guys before. I'll give them a look, it's showing back ordered right now but I appreciate the help. Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Never heard of those guys before. I'll give them a look, it's showing back ordered right now but I appreciate the help. Thank you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Their A1 barrels get good reviews on the Retro Forum. I've only bought some small parts from them, but have been very happy with the quality of the parts and the service.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Their A1 barrels get good reviews on the Retro Forum. I've only bought some small parts from them, but have been very happy with the quality of the parts and the service.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got a line on a used Colt HBAR complete upper with the A2 carry handle. Can adco re-profile it to an A2 profile barrel?
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've got a line on a used Colt HBAR complete upper with the A2 carry handle. Can adco re-profile it to an A2 profile barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe they can. You just have to decide if it is cost effective.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Rock River Arms, and Delton offer the A2 upper
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:49:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rock river arms only offers it with a stainless barrel, del-ton has been out of stock for months. I looked at Del-ton first.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#13]

They only offer the F marked front sight post, and I've not heard very many good things about them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I found a complete upper on the equipment exchange, thanks for all the suggestions.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 9:17:26 PM EDT
[#15]
The first A2 upper receiver I bought was from Rock River. It came in and I found it had their logo laser engraved. I did use that on a pistol, but later bought a DPMS A2 upper Receiver and used a Rock River sight. It turned out very nice.

Point is, maybe if you build your own complete upper, you won't be subject to such a limited availability of the type uppers you seek.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#16]
RRA
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:36:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#18]
I have a WW for sale and cheaper then listed on there site. Check EE here under me.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 6:56:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Rock river arms only offers it with a stainless barrel, del-ton has been out of stock for months. I looked at Del-ton first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you sure? http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=267
I just used their drop down option menus to configure the upper as standard.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top