Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2015 11:59:57 PM EDT
I'm considering buying one and placing it on my A2 built that I'm completing at the moment.  I've got a lead on a good AimPoint 5000, just wanted to get some thoughts on what everyone thought of that setup.  Already have an Arms #2 mount that I can use.  Thoughts, ideas, suggestions.

I've got another set-up that I'm placing on my dad's A2 20" that's an arms #2 clone with a Sig red dot.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=507250

Look at this link. That is all I got.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
What thoughts are you looking for exactly?

It will work, it would be historically correct depending on the model.  

If you're not looking to do a period clone, IMHO, I would avoid the 5000, and really any of the older Aimpoint models, I've twisted off a number of Aimpoint power knobs, and the 5000 is no longer supported by Aimpoint.

If you're looking for the longer form factor, the 9000SC might be an option, or one of the newer, shorter models would work just as well and have a longer battery life, and be more durable.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:44:31 AM EDT
[#3]
I was mainly considering it just because I found one for a decent price.  But the guy was new to the forum, and was only accepting money order and I wasn't comfortable doing that just yet.  

I've got an AimPoint Mark III that I'm trying to get rid of for a loss (bought off a buddy who needed the cash and gave more than I should have to help) but it's just not too my liking.  

Was going to be using it for my BHD clone rifle, but I had to sell it (moving for second time in 3 months and costs are adding up, coupled with an upcoming wedding)
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top