Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2015 3:44:55 PM EDT
Howdy A2 fans

Just about to bolt together a DHB clone, and am torn whether to free float the barrel via
DCM tube with Colt A2 handguards I happen to have, or not.

My heart says "keep it original", my mind says "you crazy?  it's a 75 cents a shot, make it count!"

I don't plan on putting any sling pressure on it, only a harris, and the Colt 1/7 Hbar looks mighty stout to me.
With a pencil bbl, it would be a no brainer, use the tube.  But am stuck.
Leaning towards keeping it original style and seeing what happens......
iirc in the book "The Mouse that Roared" he recommended the tube, but that was for hi-power shooting?

What are your experiences with h-bars and free floating them?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#1]
How close of a clone?

If you're just going for a general "clone" of the "spirit" of the Delta HBAR, I'd free-float it, no reason not to.

If you really want to build an exact clone, then I would not.  

So basically - like you said, "heart says, brain says."  

~Augee
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How close of a clone?

If you're just going for a general "clone" of the "spirit" of the Delta HBAR, I'd free-float it, no reason not to.

If you really want to build an exact clone, then I would not.  

So basically - like you said, "heart says, brain says."  

~Augee
View Quote

Well. fine help you are! ;)
I actually figured out what was keeping me from using the DCM tube, I didn't want to alter the Colt bbl in anyway,
including removing the sling swivel.  Actual gnomes from Colt put it on in 1991?  So to keep the shrine of
the rampant pony intact and sacred, I"m going to remove the sling swivel from the DCM tube instead.  So it's a cake and eat it too
proposition.  Free floated bbl, factory sling swivel on the FSB.  That way it looks almost original and it's free floated.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top