Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2015 6:02:52 PM EDT
I have a A2 Ar15 with a heavy 20" Shilen barrel and Magpul CRT stock.It has the full OEM handguards on it.Also has a Trijicon Acog on it.The gun is very accurate but I dont consider it a bench rest rifle.I was wondering how I mount the vertical grip on the OEM handguards.Ive injured my wrists several times weightlifting and holding this gun in the standing position is somewhat difficult.Im stronger with the gun being held with a vertical grip vs the wrist being supinated.Also would such a grip affect the positioning of the gun while in prone position.Which is better a vertical grip or a grip like the BCMgunfighter KAG grip.Alot of questions thanks
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Utg, ugh I know, makes an rail that mounts onto the handguard with some nuts.

I have used it to mount a vfg and used it during a class and had no issues at all

Let me look and see if I have a spare section laying around and if I do I will send it to you
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks but dont you still use it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks but dont you still use it.
View Quote

Kinda why he said "spare" ;)

Ergo make a similar product if you don't want to buy UTG. You might have to trim or cut the heat shield if you can't remove it from the handguard. But a HBAR is going to be difficult to keep-up. There's also the Magpul MOE handguard which will let you mount one of their VFG's without a rail section.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#4]

OP, sent you an IM.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top