Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:03:38 PM EDT
Looking for a drop in replacement for my Armalite, as it doesn't like full house 5.56 loads (pops primers).  Looking at Rock River, Windham, and Del-ton.  I don't want to have to send it out to have the FSB installed, or I'd go with BCM's offering.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#1]
FN 20" A2/Gov profile from Brownells or PSA (Actually PSA will never have the barrel by itself, you'll only find it in an A4 complete upper from them)

If you're looking for a complete A2 20" (m16A2) upper then pick one up from Model 1 sales.

Or look around in the exchange forum for a Colt or FN USGI M16A2 upper
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Windham has one complete with A2 front sight for $215

http://www.windhamweaponry.com/shopexd.asp?id=309#axzz3PsfV6UUZ
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Just got my A2 barrel from Windham today(actually arrived yesterday afternoon). Have not shot it yet but, I am impressed by the workmanship. Great looking barrel at a good price, and they just got back in stock.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.  Probably go with Windham.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the input.  Probably go with Windham.
View Quote

I like my 20inch windham barrel.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:01:56 AM EDT
[#6]
FN or Green Mountain barrels are good choices too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#7]
CMMG also makes a complete 20" barrel, the only things you'll need are gas tube, roll pin, muzzle device of choice, crush or peel washer, and slip ring and you'll be good to go.  5.56X45, 1:7 twist rate, chrome lined, govt. profile.  I purchased a 20" barrel from them a couple of weeks ago and am currently awaiting an upper to make it to, and I'm also running one of their 14'5" pinned and welded barrels on my 727 "Frankenclone".
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I got some good surplus FNs from a guy on the ee awhile back.

I got a kinda shot out one too

Still awesome either way.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got some good surplus FNs from a guy on the ee awhile back.

I got a kinda shot out one too

Still awesome either way.
View Quote

I should've bought one of those when they were cheap. I think it was landman303 (or something of the like) selling them. I kept putting it off and saying to myself that there would be more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 6:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
If installing the FSB is your concern Windham is a go. 20" 1:7 ..It will come with the FSB installed. All you need to do is slide in the gas tube and punch the pin in.

Received mine 2 days ago so speaking on experience with WW barrel assembly..
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I did my first build with a WW 20" 1/7 govt profile barrel. very accurate and from what I can tell very good quality.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Stamp..

Kit..heatshield, etc..

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 3:24:52 PM EDT
[#13]
My windham barrels are very accurate.  They are good stuff.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:17:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got mine in yesterday. I will be installing it on Monday. Hopefully, I will have it at the range on Wednesday. From what I see of it, it is well built. It is a 1:7 twist as it should be. Some of the 20" A2 Gov't barrels are 1:9.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:44:19 PM EDT
[#15]
What is wrong with your Armalite?

Did you contact them about this?
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:23:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I got mine in yesterday. I will be installing it on Monday. Hopefully, I will have it at the range on Wednesday. From what I see of it, it is well built. It is a 1:7 twist as it should be. Some of the 20" A2 Gov't barrels are 1:9.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do the WW barrels have M4 ramps?  I just ordered mine a few days ago, hoping they have rifle barrel extensions (not that it really matters I guess)...

ETA:  Just found a few barrel threads where you others are saying WW A2 barrels are coming with the M4 extension.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Best A2 gov profile barrel in my opinion is the FNMI 5.56 NATO 1/7, I have built 6 uppers A2 and A4 with them and they simply are fantastic. I have had a few Colt 20" 1/7 and liked them as well but would choose the FN 10 out of 10 times if given the option. Colt would be my second choice then the Older Bushmasters BMP 5.56 NATO marked or WW's 20" either one is a good choice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I got my WW 20 inch barrel installed and zeroed my rifle with no problems. The barrel is very nice and well made. After shooting 70 or so rounds, I dialed the rear sight to 3 and started making hits at 300 yards, on a 8x10 steel plate. Good fun.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Do the WW barrels have an F marked / height FSB?

Bugs me that every new production 20" barrel is made with M4 ramps.  Then there are very few M4 ramped A2 uppers that can be found.  I know it'll work just fine, just the point of it all...
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#20]
http://shop.ar15sport.ihoststores.com/productinfo_v3.aspx?productid=BARREL-20LWT19
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:13:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Installed my WW 20" and am very happy with it, looks great and it was a very tight fit into my upper.

The handguard cap I had to bump up and to the left a bit to get the gas tube to go in but no complaints
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:20:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FN 20" A2/Gov profile from Brownells or PSA (Actually PSA will never have the barrel by itself, you'll only find it in an A4 complete upper from them)

If you're looking for a complete A2 20" (m16A2) upper then pick one up from Model 1 sales.

View Quote

Link to the FN barrel at Brownells? Can't seem to find it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Colt makes the best.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Installed my WW 20" and am very happy with it, looks great and it was a very tight fit into my upper.

The handguard cap I had to bump up and to the left a bit to get the gas tube to go in but no complaints
View Quote

I installed my new Windham Weaponry A2 barrel on Monday and shot the A2 build on Wednesday. I was extremely delighted with the performance and accuracy. For the money, these are hard to beat.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 7:34:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/14-5-chf-government-carbine-5-56x45mm-1-7-rh-twist-prod71548.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=FNH%20USA
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:53:00 PM EDT
[#26]
PSA had their 20" premium A4 uppers on sale for $299 shipped... couldn't say no to that. Going to pull the barrel for my A2 build and use the upper for an M4A1 clone build on my spare McKay lower.

F marked FSB isn't correct but it will work. Not like I'm doing a spec build anyways.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:29:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/barrel-parts/rifle-barrels/14-5-chf-government-carbine-5-56x45mm-1-7-rh-twist-prod71548.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=FNH%20USA

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
PSA had their 20" premium A4 uppers on sale for $299 shipped... couldn't say no to that. Going to pull the barrel for my A2 build and use the upper for an M4A1 clone build on my spare McKay lower.

F marked FSB isn't correct but it will work. Not like I'm doing a spec build anyways.
View Quote

I bought one of those last Saturday for my build. Despite reading horror stories of PSA's slow shipping, got a tracking number today and it's on its way. Can't wait to put the rifle together and go to the range.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#29]
How are those WW barrels marked??  This looks like a possible barrel for my next A2 rifle, which will be a truck gun of sorts.  It's either components like this or maybe a Capco upper ...if I can find one cheap enough.  Thanks !  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:57:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I bought one of those last Saturday for my build. Despite reading horror stories of PSA's slow shipping, got a tracking number today and it's on its way. Can't wait to put the rifle together and go to the range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered mine on a Friday and had a tracking number on Monday and it will be here on this coming Tuesday. I'll be tearing it apart and spinning the barrel on my A2 build next weekend.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top