Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2015 2:58:47 PM EDT
Where's the best place to get a2 stock of the colt/bushmaster/psa variety since they are reportedly the same.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:06:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of them are good, I have picked them up complete with tube,spring,and buffer for $60 from Sherluk Marketing.

They have a website and are at the gun shows here in Ohio all the time.

The ones I have gotten,hand picked by me, has ranged from dark black to light grey and have yet to have an issue with any part I have gotten from them.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, two on the EE right now; not mine.  
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1396275_UTG_leapers_A2_stock_kit_45_00_shipped.html
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_119/1396410_Stag_A2_complete_stock.html
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Rock River arms has them for $65.  Were running a 10% off sale last week, may still be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Check Ebay as well. I picked up a BNIB Bushmaster A2 stock assembly (stock, buffer, spring, etc.) for $50 shipped
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#5]
i went with rock river 10% off and free shipping... but now im wondering how long till they ship.

i also think it weird that there system is kinda old and wont calculate the 10% off or the shipping till after the fact........
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
PSA has the A2 stock kit in stock right now.
Link Posted: 1/30/2015 10:21:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I bought the UTG A2 stock w/buffer & spring for $47 from Amazon, came with the 'meat grinder' butt plate & trap door. My first A2 stock, nice quality piece, as much as I like the std issue M4 stock the extra weight of the A2 balances my 16" 7.62x39 heavy stainless upper well. Old carbine buffer was 5.4oz w/ Wolff xtra power spring, rifle buffer is supposed to be 5oz and with stock rifle buffer spring recoil is slightly smoother.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
PK always has A2 stocks on hand for $65
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Necro thread!

Are the UTG stocks good to go?  I see them around the 'net for $60 and seem to be the best priced stock kit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Necro thread!

Are the UTG stocks good to go?  I see them around the 'net for $60 and seem to be the best priced stock kit.
View Quote

I wouldn't touch anything UTG.

Colt, FN, BCM....or I guess PSA if I couldn't find the first three and was running out of patience.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Ellicot Depot, 59 bucks for the Complete A2 stock. They told me it was U.S. made not Chinese crap.

A2 stock complete

I ordered one yesterday and it shipped the same day.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Necro thread!

View Quote

I installed a UTG A2 stock on a buddies rifle. The stock was shiny black with a plastic trapdoor and the off white lining inside. the receiver extension had a matte finish and came with an aluminum A2 spacer. The stock seemed decent but I think the recoil spring was of lesser quality, it had a shiny black finish instead of the silver finish like others. There was also no threadlocker on the screw that holds the stock body to the RE.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Where can i find a colt a2 stock?  Just the body and spacer?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Where can i find a colt a2 stock?  Just the body and spacer?
View Quote

Shoot me an IM Nick
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
I want to use the new UTG  FDE A2 stock...but I'll toss just about everything else in the kit.   If it fails, guess  I'll be back to painting a GI A2 buttstock in FDE....not my first choice by any means.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought several old a2 stocks from a guy called hoffmouse on ebay for $10 each. He must have a ton of them. Some had rack numbers. Auction title "1 - A 2 Fixed ButtStock 223/556/308 "

They are old and dirty but a little cleaning and a coat of Pam rubbed in and they look great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Colt, FN, BCM....or I guess PSA if I couldn't find the first three and was running out of patience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Necro thread!

+1 UTG is a brand you wanna stay very far away from.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 9:49:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Necro thread!

Seconded. I remember when I was young once and bought one of their buffer tubes. Had some problems with it and ended up putting it on a rifle that I later sold. Did disclose that info to the buyer
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 5:05:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Where are the good deals on a A2 stock, dont need the tube and such , just the stock, b. plate/sling etc.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 9:56:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Where are the good deals on a A2 stock, dont need the tube and such , just the stock, b. plate/sling etc.
View Quote

http://www.ellicottdepot.com/shop.html#!/AR-15-Butt-Stock-A2-w-buttplate-and-rear-swivel/p/19006569/category=2829066
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Could just buy the whole kit then sell what you already have
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Also keep an eye on the Pay It Forward thread.  I just found one on there.

Also the EE.  I just picked 2 up from there as well.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top