Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2014 9:00:33 PM EDT
Bought a Bushnell TRS-25 Trophy Red Dot sight to go on top of the carry handle. I have a see-thru picatinny mount that is detachable from the handle. I was trying to keep it low as possible which this sight accomplished. Now I'm wondering if there is a flip to the side mount available LOW enough to put a magnifier behind it. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd suggest an adjustable gooseneck
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a A2 carbine.

I messed around with a PA red dot on a cheapie carry handle mount. I also had cheek riser on the stock.

My eye lined up with the red dot fine and I had good cheek weld, but it just didn't feel right.

If I had a gooseneck mount to play with, I might try it. It is just nothing I feel like buying.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I dont think there is enough  space on a stanard length mount. And a standard gooseneck places the dot low.

I would suggest maybe an extended mount, like ARMS makes.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#4]
First Welcome to the forum.  Where in NC are you?

When the Army first adopted the M68 CCO it was issued with a gooseneck mount that attached to the carrying handle.  The Aimpoint was over the handguards and inline with the iron sights.  There was only one cut on that gooseneck.

CD
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought somebody was making a carry handle mount specifically for these smaller red dots that makes it pretty darn low.  There was a thread in the optics forum

hereitis
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the welcome. I'm N of Raleigh and ESE of Creedmoor.

I checked out pics of what you are describing. In comparison, the lens of the Aimpoint appears to be higher off the rail than the Bushnell TRS-25, which is overall smaller and is about as close as you can possibly get to the rail. I could buy the Hi-Rise Block that is made for this sight to bring it up to possibly co-witness with the iron sights. All this is not really going to help me put a magnifier behind it though, but then again that is an afterthought. I have to keep reminding myself that I'm getting older and my eyes need help.

My intention is to NOT change this rifle as it is configured. I got it from my Uncle who was in the Vietnam War and even though it is not exactly what he used, it is close enough for me to invoke memories and pay respect to his service.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#7]
]I'm a sucker for sticking an RDS on that carry handle upper....just as pictured!   Done it many a time, and will continue aeons into the future !  
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
]I'm a sucker for sticking an RDS on that carry handle upper....just as pictured!   Done it many a time, and will continue aeons into the future !  
View Quote

I like the tiny KZ mount. bolts directly to an aimpoint, PA, Sparc, etc.

http://www.botach.com/kley-zion-aimpoint-ht-mount/

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top