Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2014 8:26:05 PM EDT
I am currently waiting on parts to be delivered so I can finish my build, but here it is:

Upper:
A2 Takeoff Upper Receiver
PSA 16" 300 Blk Barrel w/Pistol Gas
PSA Bolt Carrier Group
A2 Front Sight Block Non-F
Round Takeoff Rifle Length Handguards

Lower:
Anderson Manufacturing Lower Receiver
CMMG Lower Parts Kit
A2 UTG Buttstock

Any comments or concerns?  I will be getting an Ironwood Designs walnut stock set for this rifle in the near future, but for the sake of getting it shootable, I slapped the A2 black furniture on it.  Also, I have picked up another A2 upper receiver that I want to build a second upper with...any suggestions (caliber/setup/etc)?  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I am currently waiting on parts to be delivered so I can finish my build, but here it is:

Upper:

A2 Takeoff Upper Receiver

PSA 16" 300 Blk Barrel w/Pistol Gas

PSA Bolt Carrier Group

A2 Front Sight Block Non-F

Round Takeoff Rifle Length Handguards

Lower:

Anderson Manufacturing Lower Receiver

CMMG Lower Parts Kit

A2 UTG Buttstock

Any comments or concerns?  I will be getting an Ironwood Designs walnut stock set for this rifle in the near future, but for the sake of getting it shootable, I slapped the A2 black furniture on it.  Also, I have picked up another A2 upper receiver that I want to build a second upper with...any suggestions (caliber/setup/etc)?  

View Quote
Funny, I was just thinking of a dissy build for a truck gun.

Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:48:16 PM EDT
[#2]
In my research you might have problems with the rifle stock , with rifle buffer and spring.

Now having said that I do know of a few guys who have the set up and it works
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the problem with running the A2 stock?  If I do have a problem can it be corrected with a different weight buffer?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What is the problem with running the A2 stock?  If I do have a problem can it be corrected with a different weight buffer?
View Quote

Not so much the stock as it is the need to use the rifle buffer and spring, they are heavier then a carbine buffer.  But like I said I know of a few guys that have made it work.  not sure if they made any changes or modifications.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The rifle buffer/spring is the most reliable combo, period, and will work with more upper combinations without tuning than a carbine buffer system.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:19:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Hopefully it will work okay out of the box.  Now I have to decide what I want to do with my second upper.  Thinking about another caliber (not 5.56) to go with my 300 Blk.  I really want a 45 ACP rifle but they seem to be too  much trouble and too expensive.  458 Socom would be cool to play around with.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The rifle buffer/spring is the most reliable combo, period, and will work with more upper combinations without tuning than a carbine buffer system.
View Quote

For a 300blk?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:52:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For a 300blk?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a 300blk?

Did I stutter?

300 blk doesn't require any special magic or voodoo to run.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Just getting clarification no need to be obnoxious about it.

I am fully aware it does not take any special magic or voodoo.  I am also aware that it works great with a carbine buffer tube and buffer.  As I stated. I know guys have and are using rifle length, but I also know some have not been able to get it to work well with rifle.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 4:10:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, I know nothing about .300 Black out other than it seems like a neat caliber and I would not sneeze at one.  I don't want to pay that kind of price for ammo though.  But yeah, I think it's a great idea for a build!!!!!!!!!!!!  Totally.  

Range report range report!!!!

Would be a good hunting gun I would think..
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I really hate how small of a round .223/5.56 is.  I shoot AK's and other military surplus rifles (Mausers/Enfields/Mosins/SVT-40/etc), so I wanted to build one that would allow me to shoot a much heavier bullet.  All of my remaining parts will be here in the next day or so, it should be completed by next weekend.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 1:34:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Did I stutter?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For a 300blk?

Did I stutter?

I built a 300 BLK dissy and ran it for awhile with a A2 stock and buffer..........I test fired with two boxes of Factory Remington supersonic ammo and didn't have any problems.........I started playing around with reloads and had some short stroking issues but I cant blame that on the buttstock and buffer spring assembly because it ran fine with factory ammo.

I eventually replaced the bcg with a unit from fail zero and went with a carbine stock and reduced power spring from wolff springs and haven't looked back..........
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top