Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 12:30:59 PM EDT
I would swear that I once saw a tool to vertically align the A2 front sight.
Is there such a tool? If so where can I find it?
Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I think he means for installing an A2 FSB in perfect vertical relation to the rear sight plane. I've seen jigs for it but no commercially available tools. I eyeball mine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
This?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This?
View Quote

That's the Front Site Base (FSB) installation jig I use. He list them from time to time in EE.

This is his pdf install:
http://www.brdengineering.com/uploads/How_to_use_the_BRDE_FSB_alignment_jig.pdf
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks 303 Enfield - quite an interesting and useful tool.
My issue is to align clamp-on A2 front sights to the receiver and make sure it id perpendicular and not canted to one side (I have no machining skills or tooling).
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks 303 Enfield - quite an interesting and useful tool.
My issue is to align clamp-on A2 front sights to the receiver and make sure it id perpendicular and not canted to one side (I have no machining skills or tooling).
View Quote

Clamp your rifle in your work bench vise,  hang a plumb bob across the garage from it, use your Mark Two Model Zero calibrated eye to align the FSB. Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My home-brew method if you don't have a vice is to use a table or in my case, kitchen counter.  I'd mount the barrel on the upper receiver and tighten the clamp-on FSB enough so you can still make adjustment.  Then flip the upper & FSB upside down.  Once the ears of the FSB and the sight channel of the upper rest flat on the surface, then you can tighten the hex screws to really tighten the FSB in place.  Then you can use your rear sight and FS post to aim at a plum vertical line (e.g. corner of a room where two walls meet) to double check the alignment.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Thank you both.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top