Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 9:23:46 PM EDT
Been lurking around here for awhile............and after looking at the pictures and reading the posts......I decided to put together an A2 clone of sorts.........I had a bunch of parts like the upper receiver and the butt stock, lower parts kit etc.........and decided to go with an A2 setup............I finished it and test fired it on 10-3-14.......which is the anniv of Operation Gothic Serpent............Runs like a top.............

Yankee Hill Machine lower
Keyhole Forge upper, Mfg. unk.
Delton 20 government profile barrel
Palmetto State Premium BCG
DPMS LPK

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Very Nice!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 11:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, I may have to build another one
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks dead sexy, you need to get a black sling with the compression buckle and hooked end to finish it off, hitup Ebay and grab one for like $10.00 or so.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice! Enjoy shooting it. Time to excesserize that bad boy with a peiroid correct web belt, helment, bayonet, etc...
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#5]
You have received a GO at this station.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:20:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:47:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I will be completing one almost identical to yours as soon as John Thomas returns my barrel.   I never thought that finding a gunsmith that was comfortable installing (pinning) an A2 FSB to a 20" standard barrel would be so much trouble.    There are about four so called "good" gunsmiths in this area and all said that they could do this with no problem, until I took it to them.  All 4 stated that they did not have a "jig", actually one who is a local deputy sheriff officer, who works on guns said that he had the jig that could do it with no problem;.   Came time to do it and all of a sudden he did not have a jig.

I checked online and got many good references and posts about John Thomas.   I feel totally comfortable sending it to him, which I did today, and will post the finished product as soon as he returns the barrel and I complete the build.

I had intended to build an original M-14 since that is what I carried, for a while til the Mattel toys took over, but I still want one.   The real ones, if you can find one, are going for $ 35,000 and up so I'm building one myself.  Of course it will be semi but the Rockola model M-14F is the closest thing going to an original   But I just bought a Ruger SR-7.62 so the M-14 project is delayed again.   On this subject, does anone know what is the best replacement trigger for this rifle.   The original is kinda rough and I can't find a Jewell that will fit so my current first choise is a Giessele SSA-E.   I would love a 2.5 lb trigger but can't find one yet.  
My whole point in this wandering, rambling email is to ask if anyone does know about trigger replacements for the SR-7.62 and if anyone has tried any I'd love to know what kind of results you had.   Thanks in advance and all have a good shooting weekend.
Deadeye95
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I will be completing one almost identical to yours as soon as John Thomas returns my barrel.   I never thought that finding a gunsmith that was comfortable installing (pinning) an A2 FSB to a 20" standard barrel would be so much trouble.    There are about four so called "good" gunsmiths in this area and all said that they could do this with no problem, until I took it to them.  All 4 stated that they did not have a "jig", actually one who is a local deputy sheriff officer, who works on guns said that he had the jig that could do it with no problem;.   Came time to do it and all of a sudden he did not have a jig.

I checked online and got many good references and posts about John Thomas.   I feel totally comfortable sending it to him, which I did today, and will post the finished product as soon as he returns the barrel and I complete the build.

I had intended to build an original M-14 since that is what I carried, for a while til the Mattel toys took over, but I still want one.   The real ones, if you can find one, are going for $ 35,000 and up so I'm building one myself.  Of course it will be semi but the Rockola model M-14F is the closest thing going to an original   But I just bought a Ruger SR-7.62 so the M-14 project is delayed again.   On this subject, does anone know what is the best replacement trigger for this rifle.   The original is kinda rough and I can't find a Jewell that will fit so my current first choise is a Giessele SSA-E.   I would love a 2.5 lb trigger but can't find one yet.  
My whole point in this wandering, rambling email is to ask if anyone does know about trigger replacements for the SR-7.62 and if anyone has tried any I'd love to know what kind of results you had.   Thanks in advance and all have a good shooting weekend.
Deadeye95
View Quote

John Thomas is a master of his trade, I've had him do work in the past and the barrel came back looking outstanding. Also his turn around time is rediculously fast. I have a local Gunsmith that comes highly recommended, so I sent a barrel to him to work on, I was extremely dissapointed when I got it back to say the least. I just contacted John to redo the barrel the way I wanted it in the first place, he has to do more work than the original Smith did and his price is almost $100.00 cheaper, so you bet my ass that the barrel is on it's way to Mr. Thomas.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Well done.  My A2 is my range buddy.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice rifle!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top