Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2014 8:00:55 PM EDT
Only at 25 Meters but that's OK.  40 flawless rounds of Q313A

There's something about the A2 that just feel really good.   Smooth stock, sproing.....    The downside is I'm not that accurate with mine.  I need a match barrel and some glass to be good anymore.  LOL.  I had to move mine 8 clicks to the left from center.  Which was kind of annoying.  

That target is from start to finish. About 25 rounds on paper, the rest was at clays.  I had to change windage 3 times to get it better zero'd.  I like it a little low because I go for a 60 meter zero.  I'll have to confirm that it's on at 60.  Anybody else have to be kind of out there on the windage?  I was just resting it on top of a high table and standing.  

A friend from church who shot it too.  

this was at 7 yards for them

and 25 meters for them

We shot pistols too but didn't get any pics of that.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The windage is due to a slight cant on the front sight post. 8 clicks is well within military spec tho
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:59:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Love the A2 rifle...

ARKAR
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The windage is due to a slight cant on the front sight post. 8 clicks is well within military spec tho
View Quote

That is good to know.  Thank you.  I don't remember it being that far off before, but I could just not be remembering right.  It's been too long since I shot it.  Plus that one does have an issue with shifting poi dramatically between brands of ammo.  Only thing is the last time I zero'd it, it was with the same ammo.  But I gave it a good cleaning inbetween and I might've just moved the ap to center after cleaning.  I think I remember doing that.  Anyways....  

One thing I noted is that shooting with the big ap at clay pieces on the berm seemed to work pretty good.  Seemed to hit where I wanted it to.  I'm always curious if I'm a lot less accurate with the big ap.   I don't think I'd be very accurate with it at 100.  I'll have to see sometime.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That is good to know.  Thank you.  I don't remember it being that far off before, but I could just not be remembering right.  It's been too long since I shot it.  Plus that one does have an issue with shifting poi dramatically between brands of ammo.  Only thing is the last time I zero'd it, it was with the same ammo.  But I gave it a good cleaning inbetween and I might've just moved the ap to center after cleaning.  I think I remember doing that.  Anyways....  

One thing I noted is that shooting with the big ap at clay pieces on the berm seemed to work pretty good.  Seemed to hit where I wanted it to.  I'm always curious if I'm a lot less accurate with the big ap.   I don't think I'd be very accurate with it at 100.  I'll have to see sometime.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problemo. You technically SHOULD be more precise with the smaller aperture, but I could see how somebody could be better with the large one as you can see the target much more clearly
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah true.  But with my aging eyes, the front sight becomes more blurry when using the big ap.  It's not all that bad with a rifle length sights.  Only slightly.  But a carbine, the front sight gets a lot harder to get sharp.  I really like the big ap though.  I guess I should start bench testing just how good can I really do with the big ap.  Maybe on my recce because I know it's a really accurate rifle.  

Having said that, I'm still jonesing for an ACOG of some sort.  Big time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:01:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I am betting your eyes are about the same age as mine----As GLASS becomes more and more necessary, my A2 sadly slides a little farther back in the safe....  I used to be able to fairly consistently whack groundhogs with it at distances I won't even put in here; now I need scope help much past 100 yards...
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:11:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I hear ya.  When I was shooting this last time, the little red sticker I put on the target would start floating suspiciously what looked like high and right than where it should be in the black bull.  I'm not sure what that was about.  The old eyes are just getting worse.  No doubt about it.   I'm starting to lift my glasses up to see things close.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Another aging guy here.  I've got reading glasses now and its one of the reasons I built a A4 clone instead of an A2 as I can mount my ACOG on top.  Even going to remove my receiver sight off of my Marlin 1894S (.41 mag)  and put on a short compact scope.

CD
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:34:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been trying to get up enough courage to figure out what organ to sell so I can afford an ACOG.  LOL.  Probably not going to happen.  I have some traditional scopes, but dang, with a mount they all just weigh so much. And a traditional scope on top of the A2 just really makes it unweildy.  Fine for bench shooting but.....   I would love a compact ACOG.

Are you having problems yet with pistols?  I don't think the sights are too bad for me yet there.  It's only stuff up really close that my eyes have a hard time seeing with my glasses on.  Like the date on my watch.  Once I get arms length away it's OK.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#10]
JJREA,

My eyes are like yours, getting hard to read small print up close.  But my last exam Dr. mentioned that I'm borderline on needing bi-focals.  Might go that route next exam time.

CD
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top