Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2014 5:30:41 PM EDT
Just a heads up, came back from a gunshow and saw a LOT of new production Colt Target A2 rifles.  Asked what the deal is, supposedly Colt did just released limited run of them.  Upper has the square forge mark, same as for their carry handles.

The weird thing is, they are all in post ban configuration.  NO muzzle device, NO bayonet lug, and an F marked (ugh!) FSB!

Figures, that Colt would do something like that, they put the F marked FSB on their A2 model and the non F on their A4 rifle!

Hopefully, they will release a more accurate A2 clone representation that is non neutered with the correct FSB!
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well that's disappointing. I wish Colt would do runs of "Heritage Rifles" or whatever PC name they like. A2 rifles with evil features, lightweight carbines with Car stocks, etc. Hey, a guy can dream, right?
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#2]
How were the lowers marked?   Now if ya get an A4 and an A2....you can swap barrels and be OK...at least for your A2 !
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How were the lowers marked?   Now if ya get an A4 and an A2....you can swap barrels and be OK...at least for your A2 !
View Quote

Sport Target.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like they're trying to use up a cache of old parts. They made crowned, non-lug hbar uppers for 15+ years after the ban. Mine's a 2008 with a keyhole forge upper.

The F sight base is weird, though.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:13:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's a link to one of the new rifles.  Goofy neutered F marked FSB and all!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445896580
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
one of my two MT6601 made in 2000 came with a F-FSB.
zeroed just fine btw
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:00:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 2008 Colt Match Target upper and it came with an unmarked FSB. They just use whatever they had the most of?
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top