Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2014 5:36:49 PM EDT
Can someone measure their A2 stock? I'm rebuilding one of my carbine lowers back into an A2 lower and have a fixed stock but I think it may be an A1.

My stock is 10.5" on the top from where it meets the receiver to the end of the pad.

ETA: I thought I had an A2 stock screw so I didn't order one. Anyone know where to get one cheap? I don't want to pay $4 shipping on a $3 screw.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:47:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I just measured my A2 stock............and its also 10.5 inches from the same area.  So I would say you got an A2 stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:49:50 PM EDT
[#2]
An A2 from front to back (including the buttplate) is ~10 9/16" long.

My A1 Buttstock with A2 buttplate is 9 15/16" long
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Awesome. Thanks guys.

Luckily I have the stock, spring, buffer, screw and spacer. Just need a tube.

Although the stock looks "off" and more rounded (and a bit cheaper) than a standard A2 stock. In the end I need a close equivalent to the M16A2 to practice for Combat matches.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
An easier way to tell a A2 stock from a A1 is by looking at the position of the sling swivel. An A2 will be positioned to the rear of the stock, while an A1 will be further forward on the stock.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I ended up ordering a rifle tube from Midway Sunday.

When the rifle gets built up back into an A2 rifle from it's current carbine state I'll post a picture. It's going to be my competition training rifle. The only (functional) parts deviating from a standard mil A2 will be the magpul trigger guard and a hooked bolt catch lever. Both because it's too much hassle to replace them at this point.

Now I have to find that nylon ling I have stuck somewhere...
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:52:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Looking forward to pics.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:13:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought I had an A2 stock screw so I didn't order one. Anyone know where to get one cheap? I don't want to pay $4 shipping on a $3 screw.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:42:42 AM EDT
[#8]
A2 stock screws are 3/8ths of an inch longer than A1 length stock screws.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I got the stock installed Monday. This rifle is my dry fire/training rifle for Army Combat shooting competitions. It started life as a 20", had a couple carbine uppers on it, and is now (mostly) back to its original configuration.

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top