Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/14/2014 3:16:16 PM EDT
Has anyone installed a 1 inch stock extension on their standard A2 stock? If so what is the correct length for the attaching screw? Here is the screw pictured. I got the two extension parts, less screw, in a grab bag of gun parts. Don't want to use a screw that is too long as it will project into the buffer tube and bugger up the buffer.

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Has anyone installed a 1 inch stock extension on their standard A2 stock? If so what is the correct length for the attaching screw? Here is the screw pictured. I got the two extension parts, less screw, in a grab bag of gun parts. Don't want to use a screw that is too long as it will project into the buffer tube and bugger up the buffer.

http://www.del-ton.com/v/vspfiles/photos/BS1044-2T.jpg
View Quote

Easier to get a longer screw and cut it to size with a Dremel cutting wheel.  

People do it for A1 stock screws all the time.

Sorry, can't help you out any more on specific length.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:05:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use the length of the stock A2 screw as a reference and add an inch (length of the spacer) and voila, you've got the exact OAL of the screw you'll need to use with the spacer
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top