Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2014 3:15:08 PM EDT
Was at the Valley Forge gun show today. It was kinda small compared to the last time I was there, several months ago. But- as I was perusing the tables and merchandise, I saw an A2 upper with all the fixins. It had a FSB wire tied to it, that was complete with post and detent. I looked at the price tag, and no way was I gonna put ti down, lol. $60 out the door
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:20:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You know the rule, pics or it didn't happen....  I believe you but I want pics!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice! I just payed 150 for an assembled A2 upper, 60 is a great deal. But you cant post something like this without PICS
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:51:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/6/2014 3:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Hows  that?
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice score!!  That's about 1/3 of the price. Way to go.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#6]
what does it say on the FSB? Or what are the markings?  BTW: Nice upper, appears to never have been assembled, threads on the uppers are virgin, and the port door pad has no dings from hitting the lower receiver fence. The best deal I got today was another dremel tool for $5.00.....
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#7]
FSB is "F" marked, and looks like an amateur removed the pins from it. But I'm not complaining at all.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FSB is "F" marked, and looks like an amateur removed the pins from it. But I'm not complaining at all.  
View Quote

F marked FSB's are made for use with flat-top uppers with BUIS or Carry Handles... Put that FSB on the EE for $25.00 shipped and then you will have paid $35.00 for that upper.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 6:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
That upper is in awesome shape, great deal. But like hipshot said, that FSB is for an M4
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a used non F marked FSB that I am either going to put on my new barrel, or I'm going to get a new undrilled non F marked FSB to install.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:20:23 PM EDT
[#11]
That A2 upper is in excellent condition and $60 bucks with the F marked FSB is a good deal.  All I ever find at our GS are beef jerky & beanie babies
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#12]
WOW...all I found yesterday @ PGCA was overpriced junk.....including the show itself !  
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:12:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Great price on the A2 upper.  I don't think I have ever seen one sold for that little before.  Nice find.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
WOW...all I found yesterday @ PGCA was overpriced junk.....including the show itself !  
View Quote

The VFGS is going down hill quick... Smallest one ever and David must have gotten everything retro in the entire show. Nice score.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:39:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The VFGS is going down hill quick... Smallest one ever and David must have gotten everything retro in the entire show. Nice score.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last show there both sides were open and full. There was a lot of empty space this time. I would have gotten there sooner but there was a traffic jam on 476 due to construction. I also heard there was a big show in Harrisburg this weekend, and that may have had something to do with a lack of vendors.
Edit: I did score a nice OD cotton M1 sling, used with lightly rusted hardware
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:35:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Were you wearing a mask?

If not you should have been!!  Nice score!
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:01:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great price on the A2 upper.  I don't think I have ever seen one sold for that little before.  Nice find.
View Quote

Back before sandy hook my room mate got a colt take off with m4 ramps that someone wanted an flat top instead at my lgs for 40 assembled (sight, foward assist, dust cover). He said he had a few more in storage, I went back a few months later and he said they were gone (whether they really were or not,I have no clue).

I ended up with that upper, a rra a2 stock assembly (tube, spring, buffer, stock body) and a gunfighter mod 3 for 60 bucks, that's what kicked off my budget a2 build.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 2:24:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ssssshhhh.  If you use the word retro for an A2 upper, somebody on this site might have a fit.  Those crazies.

Nice upper. Yeah, not a brass ding on the deflector.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Just an FYI you can use that fsb with that upper.  The sight will just be cranked down a bit.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 1:00:11 PM EDT
[#20]
I passed on a complete one for $75 at a recent gun show, and in retrospect I should have bought it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 3:27:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yea but the one I bought is in perfect shape so $150 wasnt too bad. Whoever I bought it from must've taken really good care of it
It doesnt even look like it's been fired from what I can see
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yea but the one I bought is in perfect shape so $150 wasnt too bad. Whoever I bought it from must've taken really good care of it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only buy FN A2 uppers and usually like new gray or black ones for $80-$100 each. All from the same person for the past 4 years...He sells on the EE and GB under the same username, anyone care to take a guess who?
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I only buy FN A2 uppers and usually like new gray or black ones for $80-$100 each. All from the same person for the past 4 years...He sells on the EE and GB under the same username, anyone care to take a guess who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

George Double-ya Bush
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#24]
This guy

Seems he's upped his prices lately, glad I bought enough to last me for the rest of my lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Yeah he has gone up some. Last FN A2 upper I bought from him was $95 shipped.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:40:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like my "new" A2 upper is turning into another build. I wasn't gonna build another one, but the damn BRD is biting me hard, lol. I have a new M4 style barrel, I have 3 80% lowers, and enough parts for 2 complete LPK's. I just got a set of handguards off of the EE, and I have to order a stock, and flash hider.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top