Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2014 10:09:57 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a reference for the different types/manufactures of A2 rear stocks?
I have a couple.........and would like to know which one would be best to use on my USGI M16A2 clone build.

One is grey and the other is black.  

The grey one has raised diamond patterns on both the butt plate and hinged trap door.
The black one has a smooth butt plate but the hinged trap door has raised diamonds.
Both are all plastic.

Thanks

Link Posted: 9/1/2014 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#1]
As far as I know, there have been a couple versions. All plastic butt plate/ trap door, plastic butt plate/ alum trap door, and alum/alum assembly. But- disclaimer: I could be totally wrong. I heard the earliest A1/A2 plastic ones broke too easy. I'm not sure what kind of abuse it took to break one. Dropping your weapon, or butt stock to skull.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top