Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2014 3:21:20 PM EDT
im wanting to do an a2 upper with 10.5 barrel for my sbr.... KISS sbr build

the only source i have found is model 1.... i was looking for something a little more quality then that.

does any one have any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
The best thing to do if you want a REAL quality 10.5 is to do what Crane does for the MK 18. Take an M-4 barrel ( Colt) and chop it to 10.3. Adco does really good work . Have them open the gas port to .076  and you will be able to fire any low power .223 that you come across and you wont be overgassed like most of the commercial  factory 10.5  barrels that are on the market ( many of them are .081). There are plenty of them out there but my experience is that the companies making them overgas them so that they don't get them back for short stroking issues. If you shoot nothing but tula ammo this might be a good option but for me it is not. Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 10:35:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It'd be easier to go the build route, IMHO than to find one available "from the factory" in that configuration.  

Purchase a quality 10.x" barrel of your choice (DD, LMT, Noveske, etc.) and install on an A2 upper.

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/1/2014 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It'd be easier to go the build route, IMHO than to find one available "from the factory" in that configuration.  

Purchase a quality 10.x" barrel of your choice (DD, LMT, Noveske, etc.) and install on an A2 upper.

~Augee
View Quote

This is what I did for mine.

Did you check out J&T Distributing or Del-Ton?  It's not quality like Augee mentions but should be a good shooter.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
We make them, they just aren't cataloged anymore.
Steve/RRA
View Quote

RRA makes some killer uppers, I think they are under rated these days. Come to mention it I have shot a few RRA uppers on other MFG's lowers and they run like a top and won't cost you an arm and both legs. Legal Transfers is where I used to buy my RRA 2 stage triggers from, Pete is a class act.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:27:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steve/RRA
View Quote

any way i could order one?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

RRA makes some killer uppers, I think they are under rated these days. Come to mention it I have shot a few RRA uppers on other MFG's lowers and they run like a top and won't cost you an arm and both legs. Legal Transfers is where I used to buy my RRA 2 stage triggers from, Pete is a class act.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Steve/RRA

Pete just hooked me up with a great deal on a 10.5" factory LMT barrel/flattop upper.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top