Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2014 9:51:25 PM EDT
This is my first real post in the A2 forum, because my first here was a real goat F##k. Sorry about that it was a misunderstanding.
So here's my first A2 build.
Surplus upper has the keyhole forge mark but no other markings. Stag lower all the rest are USGI
parts. Scope I got at LGS in the $10.00 bargain bin.

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice job, if you ever want to get rid of that scope just let me know! Lucky at the price!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Real nice Alpha Deuce build George!  Good score on the scope, even though it's not a $2.00 Edgewater buffer
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:12:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice gat.  Needs bayonet.  And RAILS.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:45:30 AM EDT
[#4]

GeoBartlett, Very nice A2 Rifle you got there.  $10 for the Scope, and it was complete with the mounting screw, that was a great buy.  Now get yourself a real bayonet, and call it done.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:23:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

GeoBartlett, Very nice A2 Rifle you got there.  $10 for the Scope, and it was complete with the mounting screw, that was a great buy.  Now get yourself a real bayonet, and call it done.

View Quote

Bayonet comes in handy when you run out of bullets!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the nice comments, Now I guess I will have to start looking for a bayonet
Maybe I can make the one off my enfield fit
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bayonet comes in handy when you run out of bullets!
View Quote

It also comes in real handy when running through the house chasing bad guys, too

As one member here at ARFCOM once said: "Nothing say's your in the wrong house, then a big pointy thing at the end of a rifle !"

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 6:07:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Now look you guys went and made me do!

All this talk about bayonets.

HOWS THIS?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

HOWS THIS?

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/Upper/picture071_zps1b07e125.jpg~original
View Quote

SWEET!  HOW did you do that?  Does it lock up?  Did you have to modify it @ all?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

SWEET!  HOW did you do that?  Does it lock up?  Did you have to modify it @ all?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HOWS THIS?

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag66/geobartlett/Upper/picture071_zps1b07e125.jpg~original

Actually I was surprised that stuff was that close. I hadn't put my flash suppressor on permanently because of lack of crush washer at this point.
So the Enfield bayo slipped over the threaded part of the barrel and I just stuck the flash suppressor back on as a joke. I was surprised to see how well
the lug lined up with the bayo. I think if someone wanted to sacrifice a bayonet this could actually be done without to much modification. I just cant do it with
this one, it is an unsharpened dated 1917 pattern 07.  Ill have to look for one that it wont matter if it gets cut up and welded on. Pretty funny though the bayo is longer than the 20" barrel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:13:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice rifle!  I wouldn't trade that for 3 carbines with shit hanging all over them and rails all over them.  The FNMI barrel is as good as it gets.  Also the scope was a score.  Anything optical lens or device made in Japan has to pass very high industry standards to be exported so no matter what brand is on it if it was made in Japan it is guaranteed good.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Nice rifle!  I wouldn't trade that for 3 carbines with shit hanging all over them and rails all over them.  The FNMI barrel is as good as it gets.  Also the scope was a score.  Anything optical lens or device made in Japan has to pass very high industry standards to be exported so no matter what brand is on it if it was made in Japan it is guaranteed good.
View Quote

Thanks, I did some research on the scope and in its day, prior to the ACOG and the EOTEC this scope sold for about $350.00 to $400.00
it just never caught on in the market. I see them every now and then going for $100.00- $150.00. I just was digging around one day at the LGS and
pulled this out of the $10.00 bin, held it up and said what the hell is this and the owner said I don't know just some carry handle thing. I said $10.00??
he said yep, and I said sold. History  I think its pretty cool and appropriate timeframe wise for the A2.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:54:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nice!
View Quote

Yeah, dig it! You did well!
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Now that's a Bayonet !!!  I read your report on how you had to mount it, pretty good.  It probably adds a couple of pounds out the front.

Your $10 Scope is a Great Find.  There's a guy on evil-bay trying to sell one like yours for $450, calling it a Night Vision Scope, he doesn't have a clue,  he'll have that scope listed till the end of time at that price, or some idiot buys it.

Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Your $10 Scope is a Great Find.  There's a guy on evil-bay trying to sell one like yours for $450, calling it a Night Vision Scope, he doesn't have a clue,  he'll have that scope listed till the end of time at that price, or some idiot buys it.

View Quote

Plenty of those on evil-bay
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 1:36:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Saweet!!! Keyhole forge mark is Cerro forge btw.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Good looking rifle. I dig it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Now that's a Bayonet !!!  I read your report on how you had to mount it, pretty good.  It probably adds a couple of pounds out the front.

View Quote

Yeah Chief, its funny how someone sees IR and instantly equates that to Infrared when says right below Illuminated Reticule.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top