Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2014 6:05:52 PM EDT
I saw this on the EE, and thought WTF ???????  It's a keyhole forge ( cerro ) so it's not some POS, but I've never seen a slckside A2.  Does anyone know if that was a strictly commercial configuration, export rifle, transition ??  What sayeth the experts ????

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Its how the M16 should have evolved in the first place?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:55:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it's real....off the open bolt HBAR light machine gun   from Colt.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I remember a thread sometime back, there was an upper just like that and someone said it was for a 9mm carbine,
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, it's real....off the open bolt HBAR light machine gun   from Colt.  
View Quote

Those have a brass defector.

Its a Rock River 9mm upper.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=242
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone also mention on another thread that it could be a 9mm upper that someone remove the brass deflector and replace the 9mm EP cover with a regular sized cover.  Here's a picture (I stole from an ad on EE) for a Colt LMG upper.  Notice the faint outline of where the F/A should be on the upper.

Link Posted: 7/15/2014 10:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I stands corrected !    OTOH, it could work on the big buzz gun !
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top