Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2014 11:15:39 PM EDT
I have a 20" FN CHF 1:7 barrel on my rifle now. Getting ready to swap it out for an 18" stainless Nordic barrel. Considering selling my current barrel once the new one is on there. I do have the Front sight / gas block, but the previous owner cut the sight down to fit under a Samson rail. Barrel has approx 1000 rounds through it. Would not come with a muzzle device since I will be using the comp I have on it now on the new barrel. Here is a pic of it on the gun.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 12:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Saw one of these stripped FN CHF barrel (NIP) at local gun store for $289.00.  The 4th of July 10% off sale made it very tempting  Since your barrel has 1k rounds through it and it has a chopped-off FSB & rattle can camo to remove, I'd say it's worth no more than $200 bucks IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I was thinking a lot less than that. May post it in the EE once I get my other barrel in and price it to move.
Link Posted: 7/7/2014 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I was thinking a lot less than that. May post it in the EE once I get my other barrel in and price it to move.
View Quote

Well, frankly I was too... I didn't pay much more than that for my COMPLETE PSA upper with an unmolested FSB, BCG, upper etc... not to diminish that barrel in any way. Frankly, part 2, Im not sure why you want to get rid of it anyway...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:13:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Main reason I wanted to get rid of it is I already have another A2 rifle, with a 20" barrel. Turning this rifle into a competition rifle, and am getting ready to do a light weight shorty build with a 14.7 barrel and a pinned or welded flash suppressor. So this barrel would have just sat in the safe collecting dust. May as well let someone else get some use out of it.

I already sold it BTW.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top