Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/21/2014 3:59:00 PM EDT

Getting old, cant see anything anymore.   Tired of the view distortion from my glasses when using irons.  Decided to scope the A2.

I am either going to 'kinda stay retroish' or go modern.  Not looking to spend a grand on glass...

(20 inch 1/7)

Pick some scopes.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
suggest the Leupold M4 style carry hande scope mount....All others are cheaply made and will not provide a tight fit! 1x4x setups are great for that platform!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Ehh...the Promag Delta mount does the same thing for a fraction of the cost and isn't any less solid.

You could try the Burris AR536. It's a fixed 5x scope that mounts in the carry handle. Be warned that it is more than a pound, but it is a very high quality piece of glass for less than $400.
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 4:53:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Getting old, cant see anything anymore.   Tired of the view distortion from my glasses when using irons.  Decided to scope the A2.

View Quote

I am either going to 'kinda stay retroish' or go modern.  Not looking to spend a grand on glass...

(20 inch 1/7)

Pick some scopes.

So OP, what did you pick???

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 3:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I think many of us have the same problem, myself included.  I went with the "retro style", and bought a NcStar Coly copy.  It zeroed ok, but there were no positive clicks on the adjustment, and the reticle was too big for the target.  It covered the 10 ring at 100 yds.  I think, IMHO, go for the more modern approach.  Nikon makes decent scopes that won't break the bank.  Redfield has some American made scopes that are reasonable too.  There's one thing I can't stress enough.  Don't skimp on the mount and buy Chicom junk.  I did that very thing and wound up throwing it out.  It was machined cockeyed.  I couldn't get cross hair alignment.  I know the scope is fine, because I took it off my M4gery.  I bought this Smith Enterprises mount of the EE for 10 bucks.  They go for 60 - 95 new on the net, last I looked, so I got lucky.  The quality compared to the Chicom is night and day.
Let us know what you decide.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

(20 inch 1/7)

Pick some scopes.

Nothing yet.  Probably going to get the 3x6(?) scope "perfect for ARs" from walmart.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
(20 inch 1/7)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

(20 inch 1/7)

Pick some scopes.

Nothing yet.  Probably going to get the 3x6(?) scope "perfect for ARs" from walmart.  

Get Nikon, Leupold or the Zeiss Terra X......forsake all others.
( well...of the three the Zeiss should be last on the list, just so you know )

']

Link Posted: 5/10/2014 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#7]
mark AR scope or a vortex pst... Prob a 4-16 would do it
Link Posted: 5/10/2014 11:40:25 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

(20 inch 1/7)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(20 inch 1/7)

Pick some scopes.

I have to say, the old retro look from Colt was pretty spiffy.

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 9:12:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Primary Arms has a fixed 4x that looks similar to the old Colt/Hakko scopes and has a built in carry handle mount. They're pretty good from what I hear.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Primary Arms has a fixed 4x that looks similar to the old Colt/Hakko scopes and has a built in carry handle mount. They're pretty good from what I hear.
View Quote
https://www.primaryarms.com/Primary-Arms-4X-Compact-Prism-Scope-p/pac4x.htm

????????????????

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hakko-Scope-4x18-Skylight-lighted-Reticle-GC-/171320079010?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e378f2a2

(is this 'exactly' what you mean for retro goodness?  If so, what rings and mount for 'correctness?)

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:05:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote
They are close to the same price, hummm.....

Link Posted: 5/11/2014 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#12]
You could do a lot worse than to use this mount
It's not all retro and stuff but it works pretty well.
chris
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top