Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/14/2014 7:05:02 PM EDT
I am not real familiar with the A2 style barrels at all. But where can I find one that I will not have to finance to get it? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
look at getting a 20" barrel
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Windham Weaponery.

A2 bbl

GI profile A2 1:7 twist  with sling swivel installed $215

Complete A2 front end kit $270

Complete A2 upper half $545
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 8:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]
There really aren't A2 barrels, except for barrel profiles that were issued with A2 uppers and M16A2's.  The same barrel profile is still being used in A4's.  That is the Government profile.  Where the barrel tapers out the FSB then has a larger diameter.  If you are trying to do a A2 clone, then you have a government profile.  If you just want a 20Inch barrel, you can get different profiles, from HBAR to government profile and a lightweight profile.  Lightweight barrels are harder to find, McKay Enterprises has a small lot left for $200, and Fulton Armory sells what they consider a "match" lightweight profile barrel for $275.  Each chrome lined.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:56:29 AM EDT
[#4]
A2 clone is somewhat the idea...Thanks for the input from everyone..
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Opps
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Look at the Green Mountain Barrels. http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/ar-15-m16-m4-rifle-barrels/  Used several for Front loaders with Perfect quality. About $160.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I just saw this FN barrel with CAGE code markings pop up on one of my Gunbroker searches. I've had good dealings with the seller.

New FN 20" inch AR15 M16 Barrel USGI  - $225 plus shipping
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just saw this FN barrel with CAGE code markings pop up on one of my Gunbroker searches. I've had good dealings with the seller.

New FN 20" inch AR15 M16 Barrel USGI  - $225 plus shipping
View Quote

$225 plus $10 bucks shipping is a great price for a factory new barrel with some handling marks, which shouldn't matter unless you're building a museum piece.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Your best bet for A2 clone is a real fn M16 barrel like listed above. I have 2 and they are very good barrels. Just watch condition as some are new or newer and some are very well used. These are button rifled real mil parts.

If you want a brand new barrel FOR SURE, then PSA sells an FN made cold hammer forged double chrome lined barrel made with machine gun steel that is also very excellent. I have one of these on an A4 clone and its an outstanding barrel as well.

Im so happy with all these id have a hard time choosing something else... But there are other makers out there...
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Got all this from a very nice member here. Chrome lined 1/7 Sabre Defence 20 inch barrel (new)

Ordered a barrel nut from JoeBobs. We should be in business. I think 175.00 shipped for it all was good deal? Not shown in the pic but he also sent a bird cage type flash hider also.

We are putting this together for my Sons first 5.56 upper. He has a CMMG dedicated 22  upper (shown in the pic) and a Aero precision lower assembly. This way he can swap between calibers in a matter of seconds..

I do not have a clamp for the receiver. I have one for a flat top type but none for a A2 style upper receiver. Any suggestions? We will eventually build a more appropriate complete lower for new upper.. Thanks

I cannot make the link live for some reason

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_129/1302101_Barrel.html

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top