Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2014 6:07:21 PM EDT
I couldn't get to sleep last night....I needed more gong action.

This morning, I packed up my range bag, loaded some mags, and grabbed one rifle---my FN A2.

Shooting M855, I installed the match front sight post and reconfirmed zero. Moving over to the middle bay, I began plugging away at the gongs at 300, 350, 400. Cake.

I dialed in what I calculated as 450 "yards" into the elevation wheel, and zinged the 450 gong. Grin.... A couple more to be sure, and then I figured I'd try that 500 sucker. (Let me preface this by saying I've not had the opportunity to use an actual "range" longer than 200 until we recently moved out to central Oregon).

A few tries on the elevation wheel and I finally nailed the 500 plate. Man it felt good! I know that's not a big deal for many shooters, but it was a first time for me. I kept at it, and was probably hitting it 1 in every 4, maybe 5 rounds. I need to work on my fundamentals, but also felt OK knowing that I was shooting 4 MOA ammo ;) I'll definately be going back for more soon, perhaps with some match ammo. But it was a lot of fun today, and I feel a lot more confident on the A2 sight system. I've always taken it for granted as my limited range lengths back in Kansas (Kansas...go figure there would be a lack of range) I never had a need for an elevation wheel. 50/200 zero with an RDS was the name of the game and it worked for me.

Any way---was a very cool day for me, and thought I'd share some pics. A2 FTW!

----Oh, and I didn't have to use Lucas fuel additive this time for lube. I ran Rotella

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeeeet!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:04:03 AM EDT
[#2]
nothing like the sweet sound of POW....(wait for it)....THUNK!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I can't even see a gong at 300 yards, let alone 500

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Iron sights at 500 yards 'not a big deal?'

Surely you jest.

Nice shooting!

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 2:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Just wait 'til you smack one at 800 !    
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top