Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/1/2014 3:41:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 7:14:51 AM EDT
[#1]
for those interested, call Engage Armament, confirmed that the barrels have M4 feed ramps and are not "F" marked.

Quik
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 6:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
for those interested, call Engage Armament, confirmed that the barrels have M4 feed ramps and are not "F" marked.

Quik
View Quote

Thanks for confirming that.
So, that means they are late A2 barrels I guess, and not A4. Do I have that correct?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#3]
From what I have seen in the Army, they are replacement barrels. On MD Shooters pictures of the "cuts" have been asked for. Late barrels? I would say Mid, as the stamping isn't the dot style.

They will work with old A2 uppers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one, I'll post some pics when I get it.  

For what it's worth, every other reference to these barrels, from my Google Fu, from other sellers ponits to these barrels having rifles ramps.  Engage was sure that these had M4 ramps, I called twice to confirm.  From my completely unofficial research, I came to the conclusion, that there was a batch of replacement barrels (hence the cage code vs. FNMI,  ordered by the USMC that was either returned or was an over run and was surplussed.  I've found very simalar barrels that have sold on GB, Armslist, and other sites, non of which have m4 feed ramps.  I'm not calling out Engage that they they don't know the difference between rifle and m4 ext, but I took the chance and ordered one anyway.  Either way, you'll all know when i do.

Quik
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quik
View Quote

That's weird.   Never heard of that combo.

ETA:  I've got 4 recent-vintage (2011 and 2012) FN USGI 20" barrels (cage code marked), and all have rifle extensions and standard FSBs.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

ETA:  I've got 4 recent-vintage (2011 and 2012) FN USGI 20" barrels (cage code marked), and all have rifle extensions and standard FSBs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quik

Thanks Devils, my thoughts exactly.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:00:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So, that means they are late A2 barrels I guess, and not A4. Do I have that correct?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quik

Here's my experience, and this is specific to FN.   M16A2 barrels will have a rifle extension (i.e. no M4 ramps) and standard FSB (i.e. non-F marked). Always.  M16A4  barrels will have a rifle extension and may have either  a standard or F-marked FSB.

ETA:  It is possible that very recent vintage FN M16A4s have M4 extensions and cuts, but I've not seen it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:07:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quik

You're welcome.

Chances are the barrel will have a rifle extension.  It's an inexplicable combo, unless FN screwed up or is trying to get rid of parts.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a brand spanking new FN barrel with CAGE code, and it has rifle ramps.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 10:54:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Got it today, Engage Armament shipped quickly and packed it very well. Just as I suspected, rifle feed ramps.

Quik
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Very nice Quik.  I have three of these FN barrels and they're all tack drivers.  I love 'em
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I pulled mine out a little
while ago to confirm that it has rifle feed ramps, and other than the bag, it looks just
like the one Quik posted. I bought it off a seller on the EE in December.

(seller's pic)

Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Is the barrel marked made 9/09 like the bag/ (Looks like 9/05 on my screen)
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is the barrel marked made 9/09 like the bag/ (Looks like 9/05 on my screen)
View Quote

9/09, it matched the bag.
Link Posted: 4/5/2014 5:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Hope you all like them. I ordered two, should have done four at that price.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 6:16:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys, hate that I missed out on this. If these show up again, let's update this thread or start a new one.
Link Posted: 4/6/2014 7:43:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys, hate that I missed out on this. If these show up again, let's update this thread or start a new one.
View Quote

If the little shop in Maryland found some others will follow. Time to hit the big shows.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top